Page 6 of 9

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:01 pm
by TorgHacker
agarrett wrote:
As TorgHacker said it's GM's call, I'm not actually disagreeing with her, but I'd make a slightly different call on the second question (if you grappled, can you pull them down). I'd say no.

First off, unless you restrain them, at a good success or better on the grapple, there's no limitations on their movement anyway, so no reason to give you control of pulling them down. But then, if you do restrain them, you get to hold them in place, they're flat footed to all attacks, and the only action they can take on their turn is to attempt to break free. It does not give you control over their movement, and I wouldn't add that since it opens up a big can of worms. TK only lets you do things you can normally, just at a distance - that's the whole point of this errata, and I wouldn't add movement control to restraint as an exception - keeping in mind I also don't allow you to move someone you've restrained in a normal grapple.


That's a good point.

Can I mention how much I just want to take a bunch of dynamite and blow telekinesis up and do it over again? :lol:

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:42 pm
by Atama
We should have rules for being able to move someone who is restrained. Otherwise, your 90 pound kidnap victim might be grabbed by the burly 300 pound muscled thug who is now stuck because he can’t go anywhere. Maybe an opposed Strength check initiated by the grappler on their turn, success level determines how quickly they can move... Normal half movement, Good is full movement, Outstanding lets you move at a brisk jog for double movement. (No full sprint though.)

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:31 pm
by TorgHacker
Atama wrote:We should have rules for being able to move someone who is restrained. Otherwise, your 90 pound kidnap victim might be grabbed by the burly 300 pound muscled thug who is now stuck because he can’t go anywhere. Maybe an opposed Strength check initiated by the grappler on their turn, success level determines how quickly they can move... Normal half movement, Good is full movement, Outstanding lets you move at a brisk jog for double movement. (No full sprint though.)


"I hate grappling rules." - Every RPG designer. EVER.

:lol:

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:34 pm
by Rabbitball
TorgHacker wrote:Can I mention how much I just want to take a bunch of dynamite and blow telekinesis up and do it over again? :lol:


If you ever do, consider me to be your dynamite... :mrgreen:

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:05 pm
by bchoinski
TorgHacker wrote:
agarrett wrote:
As TorgHacker said it's GM's call, I'm not actually disagreeing with her, but I'd make a slightly different call on the second question (if you grappled, can you pull them down). I'd say no.

First off, unless you restrain them, at a good success or better on the grapple, there's no limitations on their movement anyway, so no reason to give you control of pulling them down. But then, if you do restrain them, you get to hold them in place, they're flat footed to all attacks, and the only action they can take on their turn is to attempt to break free. It does not give you control over their movement, and I wouldn't add that since it opens up a big can of worms. TK only lets you do things you can normally, just at a distance - that's the whole point of this errata, and I wouldn't add movement control to restraint as an exception - keeping in mind I also don't allow you to move someone you've restrained in a normal grapple.


That's a good point.

Can I mention how much I just want to take a bunch of dynamite and blow telekinesis up and do it over again? :lol:

That's what PDF reprints are for. :)

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:33 pm
by pkitty
Dead serious question:

Would you consider releasing a TK fix in two parts? First, an errata to nerf it as needs nerfing without changing anything fundamental. But also a completely overhauled version (different axiom level, rules, whatever it needs) for those of us who wouldn't even blink at making that change? (The latter could just be a FAQ entry: "For those concerned about TK's game balance, this optional variant addresses that . . .")

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:57 pm
by TorgHacker
pkitty wrote:Dead serious question:

Would you consider releasing a TK fix in two parts? First, an errata to nerf it as needs nerfing without changing anything fundamental. But also a completely overhauled version (different axiom level, rules, whatever it needs) for those of us who wouldn't even blink at making that change? (The latter could just be a FAQ entry: "For those concerned about TK's game balance, this optional variant addresses that . . .")


TBH that's beyond my paygrade. We've got it in errata right now, but if I had my druthers we'd re-do it in the Tharkold Sourcebook and say "this is it now".

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:38 am
by utsukushi
You've got my vote!

And the Tharkold book is right around the corner, right? ;)

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:38 am
by GeniusCodeMonkey
utsukushi wrote:You've got my vote!

And the Tharkold book is right around the corner, right? ;)


A cosm comes out evry 6 months more or less; so Aysle by December/January. Cyberpapacy by June/July 2020, Tharkold by December/January 2020/21... if they can keep to that pace.

Re: Telekinesis errata

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:46 am
by Hawk Knight
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
utsukushi wrote:You've got my vote!

And the Tharkold book is right around the corner, right? ;)


A cosm comes out every 6 months more or less; so Aysle by December/January. Cyberpapacy by June/July 2020, Tharkold by December/January 2020/21... if they can keep to that pace.


I thought Pan Pacifica and Ororsh were coming out before Tharkold?