New Perk: Past Lives question

TorgHacker

Re: New Perk: Past Lives question

Postby TorgHacker » Fri May 24, 2019 8:43 pm

Faith Perk, probably should have at least one add in faith.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri May 24, 2019 8:46 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Faith Perk, probably should have at least one add in faith.

That makes sense to me.

mistervimes

Postby mistervimes » Tue May 28, 2019 7:37 am

Zackzenobi wrote:Faith was my Original intention when creating it. Which is why I gave her the Faith skill specifically. Reincarnation always seemed Spiritual/Mystical to me. And part of my goal to create an Archetype that didnt seem like a Mystery Man. I was going for variety. Sorry for the confusion.

Hope you like her. :D

No worries. Every time a new Perk is added, I put it in a spreadsheet with a page reference, category, and cosm restrictions for easy reference. I was intrigued by the perk and knew that it might figure into the growth plans of some of my players.
"He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue May 28, 2019 8:32 am

Hopefully. My plan was to create something other players would want to use. :D

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Tue May 28, 2019 9:14 am

mistervimes wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:Faith was my Original intention when creating it. Which is why I gave her the Faith skill specifically. Reincarnation always seemed Spiritual/Mystical to me. And part of my goal to create an Archetype that didnt seem like a Mystery Man. I was going for variety. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries. Every time a new Perk is added, I put it in a spreadsheet with a page reference, category, and cosm restrictions for easy reference. I was intrigued by the perk and knew that it might figure into the growth plans of some of my players.

I've started to do the same for miscellaneous equipment.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

mistervimes

Postby mistervimes » Tue May 28, 2019 11:03 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
mistervimes wrote:

I've started to do the same for miscellaneous equipment.

I'm going to do the same with Miracles, Spells, and Psionics

I also need to create a spreadsheet of my homebrew weapons (Power Sword version of Power Dagger etc)
"He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Fri May 31, 2019 9:42 am

Maybe it's a bit too complex to officially specify, but can Faith in a religion without the concept of reincarnation fulfill the prerequiste?
(I've heard that most of Christianity has no concept of past lives, and Keta Kalles has no concept of the afterlife.)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri May 31, 2019 10:59 am

QuarrelBlue wrote:Maybe it's a bit too complex to officially specify, but can Faith in a religion without the concept of reincarnation fulfill the prerequiste?
(I've heard that most of Christianity has no concept of past lives, and Keta Kalles has no concept of the afterlife.)

Yeah, we're going to leave that for the GM to police, or not. Additionally the Perk can be reskinned to have some other explanation on why the effect happens.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Atama

Postby Atama » Fri May 31, 2019 12:27 pm

Yeah, I was going to say that will come down to role playing or your campaign story.

I think of it like explaining interaction attacks. If you need to ask how it happens you make up something plausible, cinematic, and fun. You don’t rule it out because on first glance it doesn’t make sense. Like a scrawny Strength 5 scientist being able to use Intimidate on an ogre in Aysle.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

SichoPhiend

Postby SichoPhiend » Fri May 31, 2019 3:01 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
QuarrelBlue wrote:Maybe it's a bit too complex to officially specify, but can Faith in a religion without the concept of reincarnation fulfill the prerequiste?

Yeah, we're going to leave that for the GM to police, or not. Additionally the Perk can be reskinned to have some other explanation on why the effect happens.

Yeah, I'm already thinking of a reskin to memories of other versions of him/herself from somewhere in the infinite cosmverse, fighting their version of the war.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”