Cosm specific Possibility energy

Zackzenobi

Cosm specific Possibility energy

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:20 pm

Looking at the Living Land SB, it states that when a SK has 3 or more Living Land Possibilities, they count as being in the Living Land. I was looking in the Nile Empire SB and it Doesn't mention the same rule for the Nile Empire Possibilities. Was the rule dropped after Living Land or do they all have the same rule?

PrinceEarwig

Re: Cosm specific Possibility energy

Postby PrinceEarwig » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:39 am

If I recall correctly it was dropped.
There may even be a version of the LL sourcebook that also has that text excised.

I'll probably still run with it in our game, I liked it!

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:39 am

That was the first draft. In its final form the LL possibilities add damage when spent on an attack that fits under the realms’s axioms. But when used for a Mind test have no minimum value.

The Nile possibilities allow one to use the Law of Action outside of the Nile, and have some other use that I don’t recall inside the realm.

The page that has the possibility information is at the start of the GM section in the sourcebooks.

mrroderick

Postby mrroderick » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:22 pm

I have to necromance an old thread, but anyone have any thoughts as to what the other cosm possibilities should do? It's tough to have this special stuff for just 2 cosms.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:15 am

mrroderick wrote:I have to necromance an old thread, but anyone have any thoughts as to what the other cosm possibilities should do? It's tough to have this special stuff for just 2 cosms.

They don't seem to be following a specific theme, so your guess is as good as mine. I can see the value of this for flavor, but I personally don't like it and have decided to standardize them so that when they spend one of these cosm specific possibilities they gain an Up result on anything that seems appropriate for the cosm, with the GM's approval. And they go away at the end of the Act. My reasoning is that it's hard to remember all the specific rules, and my players aren't fond of the LL possibilities so far. Also I don't want them hording possibilities. It's purposefully vague to allow for some creativity and to standardize it for all the realms.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:06 am

To each their own, but I love the Cosm Specific Possibilities. Granted we have only seen 2 of them so far, but next to the Cosm Cards, it's my favorite part of Torg Eternity. The two together really help each Reality feel unique, even more than the World Laws do.

I like that in order to get them, you are encouraged to lean into the Reality.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:48 pm

How many cosm specific possibilities can you have?

If you gain 2 from LL and then go to Nile and gain 4 more, then go to PP and gain a couple... is there a limit? Is there a time limit before they fizzle out? How does it work?
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:How many cosm specific possibilities can you have?

If you gain 2 from LL and then go to Nile and gain 4 more, then go to PP and gain a couple... is there a limit? Is there a time limit before they fizzle out? How does it work?

The limit would be your normal Possibility allotment, right? As your Possibilities normally reset to that number with each Act.

There's no real reason to hoard the realm-specific ones, you don't get anything for holding onto them.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Good news. On the Revenge of the Carredon Chat today, Darrell said he would reveal what the Aysle Possibility Chips do during the Aysle Sourcebook Chat on Monday.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 am

I hope the wording on how to use them is better than Nile. It still confuses me reading it.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”