Aysle Sourcebook Q&A Thread

Atama

Re: Aysle Sourcebook Q&A Thread

Postby Atama » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Rabbitball wrote:
coyotegrey wrote:Oh, that makes sense! In the Principle Magic list there is a spell called "sleight of hand". I can't seem to find it anywhere. Was it cut or the name changed maybe?

It was cut for space reasons.

So it was there but then vanished.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:41 pm

It's probably just hidden up Deanna's sleeve...

coyotegrey

Postby coyotegrey » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 pm

In the Delphi Missions, there is a War Troll (page 8). What does Critical Strike do for it? Should it have a different perk, maybe?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:30 pm

utsukushi wrote:It's probably just hidden up Deanna's sleeve...

NO. :lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:30 pm

coyotegrey wrote:In the Delphi Missions, there is a War Troll (page 8). What does Critical Strike do for it? Should it have a different perk, maybe?

Can you report that as something that needs correcting? Thanks!
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

graethynne

Re: Aysle setting Q&A thread

Postby graethynne » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:55 pm

Two Quick questions on perks (I'm trying to squeeze in some review before the forms are locked but these two are questions which may not require any changes to the books).

First - when a spirit wolf is in spirit form can it affect the *non* corporeal world?

Second - triple shot says that it allows a short burst with a bow. If the archer had an arrow nocked, so from an unfired arrow a previous round, couldn't they do a short burst anyway, using both simple actions that round to knock the additional arrows? Or...hang on I think I am confusing short burst with multi-targeting. Bows don't have the short burst trait so they can't (and you can't fire two bows unless you have four arms so you can't cheat to the short burst like you can with a pair of pistols). But you can multi-target with a bow normally using simple actions to "reload". Did I un-muddle that correctly? (*edit* plus the Elven Archer perk benefits, clearly I haven't looked at this one in a while)

Graethynne

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:08 pm

Another Quickie -

Is it operating as intended for characters from Core Earth, Cyberpapacy, Living Land, Nile Empire and Orrorsh, that otherwise satisfy the listed conditions, can take the Exemplar of Light, Exemplar of Darkness, and Theomagician Faith Perks?

Graethynne

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Re: Seeker

Does being able to see the sky and/or the presence of landmarks diminish a Seeker's sense of direction or is it simply that the Seeker doesn't need either of those things for her sense of direction to function?

The wording suggests the former, I suspect the intent is the later, but I wanted to check before submitting this one on the form. Perk copied below for convenience.

Graethynne

Seeker
• Prereq: None
Seekers are special outsiders with a strange
connection to the Underground.
Seekers always have a sense of direction without
a sky or landmarks, and survival tests underground
are Favored.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 pm

graethynne wrote:Two Quick questions on perks (I'm trying to squeeze in some review before the forms are locked but these two are questions which may not require any changes to the books).

First - when a spirit wolf is in spirit form can it affect the *non* corporeal world?

It's pretty explicit:

"Once a turn as a simple action the
wolf may switch to either its normal corporeal
form or a spirit able to pass through walls and
unable to affect the material world."

So, no.

Second - triple shot says that it allows a short burst with a bow. If the archer had an arrow nocked, so from an unfired arrow a previous round, couldn't they do a short burst anyway, using both simple actions that round to knock the additional arrows? Or...hang on I think I am confusing short burst with multi-targeting. Bows don't have the short burst trait so they can't (and you can't fire two bows unless you have four arms so you can't cheat to the short burst like you can with a pair of pistols). But you can multi-target with a bow normally using simple actions to "reload". Did I un-muddle that correctly? (*edit* plus the Elven Archer perk benefits, clearly I haven't looked at this one in a while)

Graethynne

You unmuddled spectacularly. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 pm

graethynne wrote:Another Quickie -

Is it operating as intended for characters from Core Earth, Cyberpapacy, Living Land, Nile Empire and Orrorsh, that otherwise satisfy the listed conditions, can take the Exemplar of Light, Exemplar of Darkness, and Theomagician Faith Perks?

Graethynne

Yes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”