Postby TorgHacker » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:02 am

*cough* It’s up. ;)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Arcesilaus

Re: Cyberpapacy Preview #5 - Miracles

Postby Arcesilaus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:18 am

Love this art! It gives very evocative suggestions for character ideas for players who aren't familiar with many of the Cyberpapal character concepts.
Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:26 am

You have no idea how psyched I was to see that Templar given life like that.

He's *perfect*.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 am

I do like seeing the occasional Older Storm Knight. Makes me want to see the Plucky Kid standing next to him. Then seeing them both surrounded by baddies from a third reality. Just seems like a good image.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 am

Nice!
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:05 am

Zackzenobi wrote:I do like seeing the occasional Older Storm Knight. Makes me want to see the Plucky Kid standing next to him. Then seeing them both surrounded by baddies from a third reality. Just seems like a good image.

Absolutely agreed. There's certainly a story waiting to happen here, with an older Templar taking a young Core Earth native under his wing ala Obi Won Kenobi, passing on a weapon from a more sophisticated age. Until then, of course, he has to protect these children from Great Evil, and by God, that's what he'll do.

Shields up!

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:48 am

"It takes a mere 0.05 seconds for Space Sheriff Gavan's combat suit to deploy. Let's review the electroplating process again..."
Here comes the Knight in Shining Armor!

Jokes Aside, I've been wondering how to reinvent the Renegade Hospitaller, the Character Template I choosed for my very first oTorg experience. The template had 3 signature factor: Futuristic Crusader Armor, Cyberware implant, and Miracle. Each needs a Perk(GWI Armor of God costs all the budget and is impractical without Wealthy) in Core Rulebook, so a starting Storm Knight couldn't have all. Now, having the Breastplate of Righteousness packaged together with $5000 worth of Cyberware in 1 Perk, we don't have to be solicitous for raiment.

But, when seeing deep inside, Champion of God Perk still needs some clarifications...
*)Does "one install of cyberware worth up to $5000" mean you can only have 1 piece of cyberware, or you can have multiple pieces of cyberware at once, this way?
*)Is the Breastplate of Righteousness actually a "breastplate"(Torso only) or "suit of plate mail armor"(Full body)? Or something in-between?
*)What kind of blessing vow does the champion actually make? Does it somehow restrict the champion's action? Do the Hospitalers have to make a vow to serve Malraux the Cyberpope?
*)Gospel of Peace says "The Armor of God's Max Dex increases to 13". Does "Armor of God" means "Breastplate of Righteousness", not for the hero buying GWI Armor of God?
*)Can the cyberware installed with Champion of God be supplemented with Cyberware Implant to complete a cyberware package?
*)Can you get a cyberware with Champion of God and upgrade it with Cyberware Implant(I'm not sure if the Knights Templar allows using Hexxer Mk1 so this is rather theoretical for now)?
*)Additional levels of Champion of God don't come with additional cyberware, only Additional Gifts. Right?
*)Not a request for clarification, just a speculation... will there be another Additional Gift, the Helmet of Salvation?

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:18 am

The book will answer some, if not all, of those questions, but I'll have to default to Deanna on that one, since, you know, NDA and all that. She's got more freedom in this regard. That said, there are more than the two Gift options shown in the preview. Feel free to speculate on what those are, tho! :D

But this one I can answer:

*)Gospel of Peace says "The Armor of God's Max Dex increases to 13". Does "Armor of God" means "Breastplate of Righteousness", not for the hero buying GWI Armor of God?

That'd be the armor granted by this perk, not the Armor of God equipment from the Core rules.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:56 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:"It takes a mere 0.05 seconds for Space Sheriff Gavan's combat suit to deploy. Let's review the electroplating process again..."
Here comes the Knight in Shining Armor!

Jokes Aside, I've been wondering how to reinvent the Renegade Hospitaller, the Character Template I choosed for my very first oTorg experience. The template had 3 signature factor: Futuristic Crusader Armor, Cyberware implant, and Miracle. Each needs a Perk(GWI Armor of God costs all the budget and is impractical without Wealthy) in Core Rulebook, so a starting Storm Knight couldn't have all. Now, having the Breastplate of Righteousness packaged together with $5000 worth of Cyberware in 1 Perk, we don't have to be solicitous for raiment.

But, when seeing deep inside, Champion of God Perk still needs some clarifications...
*)Does "one install of cyberware worth up to $5000" mean you can only have 1 piece of cyberware, or you can have multiple pieces of cyberware at once, this way?
*)Is the Breastplate of Righteousness actually a "breastplate"(Torso only) or "suit of plate mail armor"(Full body)? Or something in-between?
*)What kind of blessing vow does the champion actually make? Does it somehow restrict the champion's action? Do the Hospitalers have to make a vow to serve Malraux the Cyberpope?
*)Can the cyberware installed with Champion of God be supplemented with Cyberware Implant to complete a cyberware package?
*)Can you get a cyberware with Champion of God and upgrade it with Cyberware Implant(I'm not sure if the Knights Templar allows using Hexxer Mk1 so this is rather theoretical for now)?
*)Additional levels of Champion of God don't come with additional cyberware, only Additional Gifts. Right?
*)Not a request for clarification, just a speculation... will there be another Additional Gift, the Helmet of Salvation?

I’m not going to address these questions at the moment, they’ll have to be left for the book.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”