Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Kreltorr

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Kreltorr » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:09 pm

I don't see any Chipware in the cyberware section is this deliberate or an omission? I thought I read a while back that all the original Torg cyberware would make an appearance in the new version core book? In the original Cyberpapacy rules each auditory location could house up to 3 different enhancements - is this no-longer the case? If so only 2 eye enhancements and 2 ear enhancements would be possible? Finally, looking at the new Spellcraft perks there doesn't seem to be any new ones that grant new spell groupings, if we now lose the 2 spells per perk spent benefit that was in place before the sourcebook was released it is going to be very hard to build up a variety of spells.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Kreltorr wrote:I don't see any Chipware in the cyberware section is this deliberate or an omission? I thought I read a while back that all the original Torg cyberware would make an appearance in the new version core book? In the original Cyberpapacy rules each auditory location could house up to 3 different enhancements - is this no-longer the case? If so only 2 eye enhancements and 2 ear enhancements would be possible? Finally, looking at the new Spellcraft perks there doesn't seem to be any new ones that grant new spell groupings, if we now lose the 2 spells per perk spent benefit that was in place before the sourcebook was released it is going to be very hard to build up a variety of spells.

Was cut for space. This is one of those cases where layout was a bitch...namely everything has to be done in two page spreads. And we just didn't' have two pages to cut anywhere else. It'll be in one of the Secrets of ... PDFs though.

As for more spells. It's in the Familiar Perk.

"The witch selects one
virtue from the list below and gains the associated
ability. They also learns two spells."
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kreltorr

Postby Kreltorr » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Thanks for the clarification if its in the secrets of... pdf then that's great I really liked the variety of mission builds the Chipware gave ( "I know Kung -Fu!!). I just read the Familiar perk and spotted the two spells entry - does that mean that you can have multiple familiars by taking the perk more than once?

mica

Postby mica » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Page 3 - Player section - is the background image temporary?
This is for the Cyberpapacy but the background image is dominated by Aylse and Tharkold with part of the Cyberpapacy clipped. Struck me as odd. Is the page a cut and paste from Aysle (suggested by the labeling of the legend)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:26 pm

Kreltorr wrote:Thanks for the clarification if its in the secrets of... pdf then that's great I really liked the variety of mission builds the Chipware gave ( "I know Kung -Fu!!). I just read the Familiar perk and spotted the two spells entry - does that mean that you can have multiple familiars by taking the perk more than once?

You can't take it more than once.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:26 pm

mica wrote:Page 3 - Player section - is the background image temporary?
This is for the Cyberpapacy but the background image is dominated by Aylse and Tharkold with part of the Cyberpapacy clipped. Struck me as odd. Is the page a cut and paste from Aysle (suggested by the labeling of the legend)

Yes. The maps weren't quite ready yet.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Should the Champion of God perk be either cosm restricted (*) or have a Tech axiom? So far all of the "power armor" abilities from other cosms have had one or the other, making them a contradiction in most other places. But as written the Breastplate of Righteousness and its accouterments (belt, sword, etc.) are non-contradictory in all cosms.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Kreltorr wrote:I just read the Familiar perk and spotted the two spells entry - does that mean that you can have multiple familiars by taking the perk more than once?

I believe the general rule is that Perks can't be taken more than once unless it explicitly says so.

EDIT: Ninjad!
Last edited by pkitty on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:28 pm

pkitty wrote:Should the Champion of God perk be either cosm restricted (*) or have a Tech axiom? So far all of the "power armor" abilities from other cosms have had one or the other, making them a contradiction in most other places. But as written the Breastplate of Righteousness and its accouterments (belt, sword, etc.) are non-contradictory in all cosms.

Yes. Or Spirit Axiom. Noted.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kreltorr

Postby Kreltorr » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Regarding the Cyberware sensory enhancements, is it just one per replaced organ or up to 3 as it was in the original Torg? My character currently has two visual enhancements, it that the maximum ( without having socketed ones that could be switched out)?

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”