Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Badger3d
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:25 am

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Badger3d » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Bellesnipe seems OP at only 3K especially when combined with the sniper perk.
Snapshot package is listed as 15K, but I added up all the cyber equipment and only got 7K
In the others packages I’m not seeing much/any advantage to them.

Invested cyberpriest, requires Miracles, yet at the end mentions you can also get Miracles perk, isn’t this obvious? How could you not?

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4901
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:11 pm

As I said at the start there were a lot of changes on the fly, and there were bound to be areas where we missed.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

mystic101
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:13 am

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby mystic101 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:41 pm

First of all, thanks to all of the developers for putting in so much time and effort on this project. I really appreciate the fun it's bringing to so many. I've held off on asking rules questions so far, since I'm sure many of those questions will be answered shortly, once the editing process is complete. Rather than ask about the rules themselves, though, I had a few questions about designer intent behind a couple of the things presented.

1. I understand that the cyberware packages aren't finalized yet, insofar as what items will be included in them, and what their final cost will be, but is it intended that their eventual cost will equal the sum of their parts, or will there instead be a small price break for getting the package as opposed to the individual pieces? I ask because I currently have a character that has most of the components of the Infiltration package already, and I'm interested in getting the complete set, but I was wondering if I should budget in the full price for each item, or should instead expect a modest discount once everything's sorted out.

2. Are the listed benefits of having a cyberware package only meant to be a summary of what the individual parts give, or is there supposed to be additional advantages for having gotten everything? I ask because I have a future character interested in the Snapshot set, and I noticed that the benefits given by the cyber eyes (ignore 2pts of penalties for range, speed, and darkness) doesn't exactly match the package benefit (ignore 2pts of penalties from anything at all). I'm not sure what else might affect a ranged shot besides those three things (ignoring 2pts of cover/concealment penalty, maybe?), but if the packages will be a bit of an additional improvement over the pieces, then that's pretty nice.

3. The rules are clear that white witches won't have technology grafted into their bodies (no cyberware or occultech), but I was curious if there were any other general cultural attitudes that you envisioned for them regarding technology. In other words, generally speaking, for roleplay purposes, would there be any issues with them interacting with technology passively (ride in a car, watch tv), actively (shoot a gun, use a phone), or even actively-actively (put on some Temptrodes and fire up a First Seal cyberdeck to hack into the GodNet)?

Thanks in advance for any answers, and congratulations on a job well done!

mathey
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 am

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby mathey » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:18 am

On page 89 I found a possible contradiction in the description of Marseille. The text on Paris describes how it has lost its status as a hardpoint, but then we get:

Marseille
With Paris protected by a Core Earth hardpoint,
Marseille is now the largest sprawl in France.

Istrian
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 7:18 am
Location: Cyberpapacy (Paris)

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Istrian » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:52 am

On the same topic, will there be a description of the Paris hardpoint in any of the upcoming books (or at least what it encompasses around the Eiffel Tower)? AFAIK it only gets a mention in the CRB as a major Resistance site, in the CPSB as "destroyed", and a few words in the Day One scenarios. The CRB also mentions that Notre-Dame has been CP-upgraded, so it does not cover the whole of the city.

QuarrelBlue
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby QuarrelBlue » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:36 am

mystic101 wrote:Rather than ask about the rules themselves, though, I had a few questions about designer intent behind a couple of the things presented.

I'm not speaking in any authority, but maybe my previous findings can help you and reduce the burden of the Development, so here...

mystic101 wrote:1. I understand that the cyberware packages aren't finalized yet, insofar as what items will be included in them, and what their final cost will be, but is it intended that their eventual cost will equal the sum of their parts, or will there instead be a small price break for getting the package as opposed to the individual pieces?
mystic101 wrote:2. Are the listed benefits of having a cyberware package only meant to be a summary of what the individual parts give, or is there supposed to be additional advantages for having gotten everything?

Cyberpapacy Preview #2 – Cyberware
Cyberware Packages
Another new addition to Torg Eternity is the concept of cyberware packages. These packages can be purchased outright, or piecemeal, and one a package has been acquired, grants the abilities (or an approximation of those abilities) that the individual installs provide, plus a bonus (or at a discount).
It seems like Cyberware Packages end up cheaper, and/or more advantageous, than the sum of their parts when completed.

mystic101 wrote:3. The rules are clear that white witches won't have technology grafted into their bodies (no cyberware or occultech), but I was curious if there were any other general cultural attitudes that you envisioned for them regarding technology. In other words, generally speaking, for roleplay purposes, would there be any issues with them interacting with technology passively (ride in a car, watch tv), actively (shoot a gun, use a phone), or even actively-actively (put on some Temptrodes and fire up a First Seal cyberdeck to hack into the GodNet)?

Preview p.43 sidebar "WHITE WITCHES AND CYBERWARE" says "The spirits don’t hate all technology, but they are repelled by cyberware and Occultech". I think white witches will agree on their spirit friends.

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4901
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:54 am

mathey wrote:On page 89 I found a possible contradiction in the description of Marseille. The text on Paris describes how it has lost its status as a hardpoint, but then we get:

Marseille
With Paris protected by a Core Earth hardpoint,
Marseille is now the largest sprawl in France.


Please submit a report to the link provided.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4901
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:54 am

Istrian wrote:On the same topic, will there be a description of the Paris hardpoint in any of the upcoming books (or at least what it encompasses around the Eiffel Tower)? AFAIK it only gets a mention in the CRB as a major Resistance site, in the CPSB as "destroyed", and a few words in the Day One scenarios. The CRB also mentions that Notre-Dame has been CP-upgraded, so it does not cover the whole of the city.


Yes. This was a stretch goal that it turns out we'll have room for at the back of Unhallowed Data.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Vladimyr
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Vladimyr » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:16 am

I can't seem to find the TSE Chipholder listed in the Infiltration Cyberware Package.

User avatar
Spatula
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Spatula » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Vladimyr wrote:I can't seem to find the TSE Chipholder listed in the Infiltration Cyberware Package.

I submitted this as an error. I’m guessing it’s meant to be the TSE DataChip, which is also a requirement for the Drone Jockey Package, although the DataChip is a General item and only costs $10 so it feels odd as a requirement to me.


Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests