What does a Torg Eternity Ninja look like?

Zackzenobi

Re: What does a Torg Eternity Ninja look like?

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Wow. I cant unsee that.

The only Backer Archetype I groaned at. Lol

Ymmv

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:56 pm

I mean, sure, you can build your ninja in Pan Pacifica... if you want to do it the easy way. :P

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:21 pm

I just love the visual of a Ninja with a Ninjato in one hand and a Glock in the other, wading her way though baddies.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:49 pm

One of the things I LOVED about old TORG'S ninjutsu was the requirement for secrecy. The player who had a ninja in our group was introduced as a "Business Man", until the GM mistakenly said the character pulled out his ninja sword. The player looked at him in shock, and the GM recovered with, "I mean his Non-Ninja sword...." After that, "Non-Ninja" became a valid adjective.

I can almost see this as a "problem" worthy of "Disability"; when the player triggers it, rival clan members or law enforcement have found you again, or locals have figured out what you are and are now terrified of you, or (in America) locals have figured out what you are and want your autograph....

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:28 pm

The greatest trick the Ninja ever pulled was convincing the world they didn't exist.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:37 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:The greatest trick the Ninja ever pulled was convincing the world they didn't exist.

Even U.S. doesn't believe they exist.
(ducks)
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:17 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:The greatest trick the Ninja ever pulled was convincing the world they didn't exist.

(ducks)

It's ok. I am definitely doing one for the Backer Archetypes. If someone else wants to do one, would love to coordinate on history/backstory!

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:20 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:

(ducks)

It's ok. I am definitely doing one for the Backer Archetypes. If someone else wants to do one, would love to coordinate on history/backstory!

Wouldn't have to be the same concepts as before, or the same names even, but homages in spirit to the old Torg Corporate Ninja and Contract Ninja would be neato.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:
(ducks)

Wouldn't have to be the same concepts as before, or the same names even, but homages in spirit to the old Torg Corporate Ninja and Contract Ninja would be neato.

As long as we can avoid both Naru-Footdigit and Sasuke...they are definitely Nilish-Ninja, at best.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:04 am

Depends on if you want a COOL ninja or a REALISTIC ninja.

Cool ninjas flip out and kill people ALL TEH TIME. They probably talk about codes of honor, which should sound weird coming from people who sneak into houses to assassinate people, but, you know … HONOR! They probably have a bajillion cool fighting techniques and actually aren't all that good at sneaking... after all, if you sneak, you can't fight! And fighting is what you do BEST!

Then you have a "classic" ninja, who is a sneaky type who sneaks, kills someone quietly, then quietly gets away. This ninja is BORING and no one wants to play one, and using one against a PC is kind of unfair, so, bleah. Bleah!

And then there's the realistic ninja, who quietly goes about their life, is probably old, and doesn't draw attention. They listen well, however, and sometimes see things that they wind up writing down and getting to someone, somewhere else. They never kill anyone and they certainly don't fight... they're just quiet little spies, gradually sending stuff up the chain for years, a little here, a little there, never drawing attention to themselves.

You probably want the cool one.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”