Preview #11 - Combat Options and Vehicles

TorgHacker

Preview #11 - Combat Options and Vehicles

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:57 am

And here's where you can discuss and ask questions about the latest preview, on combat options and vehicles!

Edit: Which is here! (hat tip to Kuildeous)

http://www.ulisses-us.com/torg-eternity ... -vehicles/
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

blackwind1kaze

Re: Preview #11 - Combat Options and Vehicles

Postby blackwind1kaze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:16 am

Would shooting shooting the testes count as a vital blow? [Might as well ask for the eventual player that'll ask xD]

So how are you determining close combat, like fisticuffs close combat or that little gap that a shotgun would give max damage?

Unless I see something more special for counting bullets from rapid/full auto, I'm just going to do what Rabbitball did in otorg and make people only lose bullets on mishaps.
I don't always GM, but when i do, I go out in style :ugeek:

carldot34

Postby carldot34 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:26 am

Is Vital Blow the only combat action that gets a bonus to damage? As opposed to other combat actions getting a bonus to hit and so making a good or better result more likely for the bonus De?

carldot34

Postby carldot34 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:28 am

PS. I don't think you've posted the preview link to Google+ yet.

carldot34

Postby carldot34 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:30 am

For the highly skilled, does the +4 damage stack with the bonus dice for a Good or better result?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:32 am

blackwind1kaze wrote:Would shooting shooting the testes count as a vital blow? [Might as well ask for the eventual player that'll ask xD]

I'm gonna leave that up to the GM. :-)

So how are you determining close combat, like fisticuffs close combat or that little gap that a shotgun would give max damage?

If I'm close enough to you to cut your head off with a sword without taking much more than a step or two, we're in close combat.

Unless I see something more special for counting bullets from rapid/full auto, I'm just going to do what Rabbitball did in otorg and make people only lose bullets on mishaps.

That limitation is for setting a maximum number of targets that you can fire at with Rapid Fire or Full Auto. Plus it's partly a reason that you'd use Rapid Fire instead of Full Auto. Clip size is definitely a factor in differentiating Tech Axiom, as well as differentiating magazine-fed weapons from belt-fed weapons. Additionally, emptying the clip forces a reload which takes an action.

Removing these factors will have an effect of increasing the effectiveness of fully automatic weapons over those that are single shots. Obviously you can do whatever you want to do with this, but there will be balance issues between firearms as well as between attack types.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:33 am

carldot34 wrote:Is Vital Blow the only combat action that gets a bonus to damage? As opposed to other combat actions getting a bonus to hit and so making a good or better result more likely for the bonus De?

Yes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:35 am

carldot34 wrote:PS. I don't think you've posted the preview link to Google+ yet.

I know. That won't happen until 7am Pacific. I just started this thread early... :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:36 am

carldot34 wrote:For the highly skilled, does the +4 damage stack with the bonus dice for a Good or better result?

Yes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

blackwind1kaze

Postby blackwind1kaze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:39 am

That limitation is for setting a maximum number of targets that you can fire at with Rapid Fire or Full Auto. Plus it's partly a reason that you'd use Rapid Fire instead of Full Auto. Clip size is definitely a factor in differentiating Tech Axiom, as well as differentiating magazine-fed weapons from belt-fed weapons. Additionally, emptying the clip forces a reload which takes an action.

Removing these factors will have an effect of increasing the effectiveness of fully automatic weapons over those that are single shots. Obviously you can do whatever you want to do with this, but there will be balance issues between firearms as well as between attack types.

Ok, that makes sense then.
I don't always GM, but when i do, I go out in style :ugeek:

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”