Cyberpapacy/GodNet and you

fougerec

Cyberpapacy/GodNet and you

Postby fougerec » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Since my PCs are in the Cyberpapacy and not a one of them is capable of dealing with something involving the Godnet I need to brainstorm an alternative. Someone in another thread had suggested hard light holograms and I think I'm going to run with that. Have each church, cathedral etc. have a "confessional", which would be like the Star Trek holodeck but allow for interaction with the Godnet for those not blessed with neuraljacks.

I figure this way my 2.5 aylish characters and one Tharkold one can experience some Godnet elements.

TorgHacker

Re: Cyberpapacy/GodNet and you

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:36 pm

I can't go into details, but I can say this won't be a problem when the Cyberpapacy book comes out.

Also, neural jacks aren't required to access the GodNet. TempTrodes are available for those who are not blessed with those.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:43 pm

TorgHacker wrote:I can't go into details, but I can say this won't be a problem when the Cyberpapacy book comes out.

Also, neural jacks aren't required to access the GodNet. TempTrodes are available for those who are not blessed with those.

Doh...I completely blanked on trodes. Here I am a huge cyberpunk fan (E3 was amazing for the look at CP 2077!) and I forgot one of the most basic of 'runner tools.

Sheesh.

Plageman

Postby Plageman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:44 pm

BTW if you're allowed to discuss it, are the spirit chip still a thing in this version of the Cyberpapacy ?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Plageman wrote:BTW if you're allowed to discuss it, are the spirit chip still a thing in this version of the Cyberpapacy ?

No, can't really discuss that.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 pm

fougerec wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:I can't go into details, but I can say this won't be a problem when the Cyberpapacy book comes out.

Doh...I completely blanked on trodes. Here I am a huge cyberpunk fan (E3 was amazing for the look at CP 2077!) and I forgot one of the most basic of 'runner tools.

Sheesh.

What is "E3" and "CP 2077"?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Aylish might feel at home once they just go "All that glowing stuff is just magic" … the social's pretty close to their 'normal'. :D

As for the Tharkoldi? Are they a human resistance fighter type? They'll probably be twitchy whenever they hear about demons.

Regardless, I should hope that you can find a ton for them to do even without the GodNet being something that they interact with. There's a TON of cool stuff in the Cyberpapacy. One of my fave places, honestly. :)

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Figure Tharkold guy would want to leave after hearing, "Yeah, the demons are bad, but the angels are way worse."

Plageman

Postby Plageman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:05 am

The oTorg Cyberpapacy illustrations always creeped me out. Of all the realms it was on my top list of "disturbing" :o

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”