Nile Empire Preview #11 - Delphi Council and the Mystery Men

Gargoyle

Re: Nile Empire Preview #11 - Delphi Council and the Mystery Men

Postby Gargoyle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am

mystic101 wrote:
Kuildeous wrote:I feel like there should be quote marks around "deceased" in Yellow Crab's entry. Just seems apropos.

At the special Gen-Con game we were all set to save the Yellow Crab's life, but then we were intentionally, specifically prohibited from doing so. Darrell said it's because Deanna had already brought him back waaaay too often, so this time he was going to be "dead, dead, DEAD! No more resurrections!"

. . . But this all happened in some kind of pocket dimension of immortality, where "death had no meaning", so . . . Yeah. "Currently" seems just fine to me. :)

I picture Darrel reading the preview and face palming "Not AGAIN!!"
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Atama

Postby Atama » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Yellow Crab reminds me of Lobster Johnson.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:36 pm

mystic101 wrote:
Kuildeous wrote:I feel like there should be quote marks around "deceased" in Yellow Crab's entry. Just seems apropos.

At the special Gen-Con game we were all set to save the Yellow Crab's life, but then we were intentionally, specifically prohibited from doing so. Darrell said it's because Deanna had already brought him back waaaay too often, so this time he was going to be "dead, dead, DEAD! No more resurrections!"

. . . But this all happened in some kind of pocket dimension of immortality, where "death had no meaning", so . . . Yeah. "Currently" seems just fine to me. :)

I made a promise....TO LORD GRIMDARK HIMSELF. :lol:

Muahahahaha!

*cough*
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Staffan

Postby Staffan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Some points:

"Director Kenneth Nakatomi"
Does he have any connections to a corporation that owns a high-rise in LA?

"his two Deputy Directors, Tobin Kamensky of Israel’s Mossad, and Musa Najafi, former head of Iran’s Ministry of Intelligence."
I'm sure they get along just great.

"Z (“that’s zed, not ze…zed”) aka Joe Molson, a Canadian weird scientist from Terra"
That makes me think of McKay from Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis, who was also Canadian and called the Zero-point Modules "Zed Pee Ems" instead of "Zee Pee Ems" like everyone else.

"currently deceased."
LOL.

Big Lurker

Postby Big Lurker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:00 pm

I just hope that Ensign Egypt doesn't follow the path of his oTorg predecessor. A little harder to do with the difference in cosm laws, but nevertheless...

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Staffan wrote:Some points:

"Director Kenneth Nakatomi"
Does he have any connections to a corporation that owns a high-rise in LA?

It's possible the name was inspired by that, but I don't know.

"his two Deputy Directors, Tobin Kamensky of Israel’s Mossad, and Musa Najafi, former head of Iran’s Ministry of Intelligence."
I'm sure they get along just great.

Strange bedfellows, etc.

"Z (“that’s zed, not ze…zed”) aka Joe Molson, a Canadian weird scientist from Terra"
That makes me think of McKay from Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis, who was also Canadian and called the Zero-point Modules "Zed Pee Ems" instead of "Zee Pee Ems" like everyone else.

Which is ironic because 'zed' is the way it's pronounced in most English and French speaking countries.

But really, this was where I got the idea:

https://youtu.be/BRI-A3vakVg

It's a classic. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:47 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Which is ironic because 'zed' is the way it's pronounced in most English and French speaking countries.

TIL. Had no idea.

I am planning on running a game of Timewatch someday where there is an alternate version of history with very subtle differences, and it will now also include Americans who say "Zed". And my next PC will likely be named Zed because that's fun to say anyway.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:Which is ironic because 'zed' is the way it's pronounced in most English and French speaking countries.

TIL. Had no idea.

I am planning on running a game of Timewatch someday where there is an alternate version of history with very subtle differences, and it will now also include Americans who say "Zed". And my next PC will likely be named Zed because that's fun to say anyway.

The horrible thing is that...schoolchildren are no longer being taught 'zed' in Canada...

<shakes fist at America>

:lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Yes, first we take your Stanley Cup, then we take Zed, and next will be your bags of milk.

Fall before the might of 'merica! MWU-HAHAHAHAHAahaaa!

(Just don't ask use to take Metric off your hands. The whole country will collapse. It's our greatest weakness.)

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:07 am

Wakshani wrote:(Just don't ask use to take Metric off your hands. The whole country will collapse. It's our greatest weakness.)

Just do what we Brits do. Run both systems in parallel with no common reason why one is used in a certain area other the other.
Or in the case of temperature use both simultaneously for bonus confusion points.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”