Mixed Zone Stelae

gog

Mixed Zone Stelae

Postby gog » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Looking at the map for Aysle on the Kickstarter, I see two mixed zones around the edge of Aysle. This has got me thinking. Do the Stelae of the realms need to match up? If for instance Thakold got a stelae further into the Baltic Sea, would that connect to their network, leaving the Aysle ones connected to their network?

TorgHacker

Re: Mixed Zone Stelae

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:04 pm

gog wrote:Looking at the map for Aysle on the Kickstarter, I see two mixed zones around the edge of Aysle. This has got me thinking. Do the Stelae of the realms need to match up? If for instance Thakold got a stelae further into the Baltic Sea, would that connect to their network, leaving the Aysle ones connected to their network?

Yes. As long as the requirements are met (no more than 500 km, and no more than six connections), stelae automatically connect to nearby stelae.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

gog

Postby gog » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:31 pm

TorgHacker wrote:stelae automatically connect to nearby stelae.

Might be going a bit deeper than can be told. But is there any prefrence possible for connecting to Stelae of the same cosm rather than of another one?

Also leading on from this, is there any way for a cosm/darkness devise to flip the stelae of another cosm to being it's own?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:56 pm

gog wrote:

Might be going a bit deeper than can be told. But is there any prefrence possible for connecting to Stelae of the same cosm rather than of another one?

Also leading on from this, is there any way for a cosm/darkness devise to flip the stelae of another cosm to being it's own?

Generally speaking if there's a question about things like this we leave it open, because otherwise we restrict ourselves unnecessarily. So the only answer I can really give right now is "maybe".
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:45 pm

gog wrote:

I thought I read from the core book (but maybe it came about during some theoretical talk and isn't canonical in any shape) that High Lords don't get Possibility Energy from shared mixed zones. Just that nobody gets them.

On top of that, you now have a zone right next to your realm where people can live by the higher axiom. Those zones would be great locations for Storm Knights to stage attacks from.

I feel like that's codified somewhere and that I'm not making this up.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”