What's behind the names of Cyberpapacy augments and weapons?

Kanaris

Re: What's behind the names of Cyberpapacy augments and weapons?

Postby Kanaris » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Wakshani wrote:Yeah, I only did a little chunk, Deanna's the brains behind the goodies and, more importantly, the STEAM behind it. I have no idea how she churns out *so* *many* *words*! It's amazing and I'm as in awe of her work ethic as I can be. She could take some little idea I had and turn it into something big and awesome and that's just super cool.

I'm thrilled to have been a part, but always remember, I'm a sliver, she's the real deal.

If they ever want me to do more, I'm more than happy to, but I know that the dance card's filled up for a while. That said, come the new year, I might start doing some Infiniverse stuff, toss some of my ideas onto a page, but I'd much rather give 'em to the crew upstairs.

As a bonus, the research I was doing added a dozen books to my library... some good, some AWESOME, and some … well, every library's got some stinkers. Protip! 90% of books about the Templars are awful things. Finding actual good *scholars* who delve into it and pull the facts from the myth? SUPER rare but real treasures. I can't say enough good things about Barbara Frale on this front and recommend her book, "The Templars: The secret History Revealed" enough.

But more on recommended reading later. :D

Speaking for myself, I love the fact that real world history is influencing what's coming out (though I reserve the right to use Baphomet as a plot point in my Torg game :evil: ). And if surplus content makes its way on to the Infiniverse, I'll snap it up for sure :D

Speaking not just for myself i'm sure - I am in awe of Deanna's productivity. Writing high quality stuff on these deadlines is a very rare skill.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:11 am

By the way, a specific question about the Hexxer implant.

"Hexxer" pretty much means "witch", right? Is this also a nickname?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:30 am

Yoric wrote:By the way, a specific question about the Hexxer implant.

"Hexxer" pretty much means "witch", right? Is this also a nickname?

GM’s call.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:26 am

Ah, never mind, I had forgotten that the Hexxer was designed by and for witches in the first place :)

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Yoric wrote:Ah, never mind, I had forgotten that the Hexxer was designed by and for witches in the first place :)

I don’t see the Powers That Be in the Cyberpapacy designing cyberware that supports spell casting.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Atama wrote:
Yoric wrote:Ah, never mind, I had forgotten that the Hexxer was designed by and for witches in the first place :)

I don’t see the Powers That Be in the Cyberpapacy designing cyberware that supports spell casting.

I do...it is exactly the kind of thing someone like Pere Jean would do. Make something to allow Witches to function better so there is more evidence of witches to feed the masses.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Savioronedge wrote:
Atama wrote:

I do...it is exactly the kind of thing someone like Pere Jean would do. Make something to allow Witches to function better so there is more evidence of witches to feed the masses.

"It fell off a carriage."

:D

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:09 am

Atama wrote:

Maybe there are "the rare science-minded individuals who try to gather and expand these discoveries, doing their best to continue the forbidden act of science"(Cyberpapacy Preview p.101) among the Cyberwitches.
Maybe Hexxer Technologies are from another conquered cosm and Cyberwitches successfully snatched the plan before the Techquisition hides it.
Maybe Ebenuscrux invented and gave it to the Forsworn, through demons, the Cabal, or direct inspiration, but Cyberwitches defeated the users and sent them to a chop shop.(This may be unlikely because Forsworn cares less for controlling accidental demon summoning.)

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:21 am

I can buy Hexxers having originally been Church-produced, only on the down-low. They'd be useful for Cabal witches who were trying to intentionally botch spells in order to summon demons. The more Shock the Hexxers soak up, the shorter the resting phase gets between casts. Even a level 1 Hexxer would allow them to cast about twice as fast, on average. It would let them pump out demons much more quickly.

Even the level 4 Hexxer would be useful to the Cabal. It lets them store demons conjured up at one location, for subsequent release into the wild at a different place later, giving them a little more strategic flexibility.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:45 am

I could see it being the result of a previously invaded cosm, or even created by a Cyberwitch or member of the secret order whose name I forget given "divine inspiration" by Ebenescrux for whatever reason.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”