Player Created Realm - What if?

Exploring the Storm

Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby Exploring the Storm » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Greetings,

One of the great things about TORG is the diverse genres that it covers and how you can be fighting in the Nile Empire in one act and then Aysle in the next act. It gives you such a variety of setting and creatures that you could be facing off against. When you start a campaign you never know where it will end which adds to the excitement as well.

This is a ‘What if’ Scenario,

What if there was a rogue invasion by another High Lord that the Gaunt Man didn’t expect nor the other High Lords that agreed to help him. How would he and the other react, would they ignore or group up together to overthrow a would-be usurper?

The bigger question – what genre would it be? What as players would we like to see added to the game? What kind of realm would make us all go…’Oh snap that’s totally awesome’? Personally zombies are a win :D

If we the players could design a realm on earth – what would we want it to be? Where would it be? Would this realm want to help us, or suck the Earth dry like the other High Lords?

What would the tech of the land be, what would we want it be even? Magic – Yes or No? Would it be a High Lord or a President that would be elected? Would you want a Council of Elders to run the realm?

Please keep in mind that everyone has different opinions and we should respect them as sometimes we don’t always agree with other people and that’s totally cool.

Personally I would want the realm to be in Canada...because Canada is awesome, but that’s just me. I would vote for a council leadership because it’s not standard in the game.

Can’t wait to hear everyone’s opinion and let’s create a new realm…..discuss!! :lol:

ETS Group

TiaMaster

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby TiaMaster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Get ready for a wall of text if Gargoyle sees this.

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Outstanding!! :D

That's what we want....Walls of Text discussing the possibilities of rogue realm. :D

ETS Group

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:15 pm

One of my first orders of business once I get the game up and running is to set up Deadlands as a realm with Raven as the High Lord. It practically writes itself.

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 pm

I admit that would be pretty epic and unique to TORG with the mixup of style in a single realm. Why Deadlands though as opposed to creating something unique from scratch?

ETS Group

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:02 pm

I think having an Iron Chef Cosm could be kind of fun. Roll four 30-sided dice to dictate your axioms and now make up a realm. Justify those axioms.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Exploring the Storm wrote:I admit that would be pretty epic and unique to TORG with the mixup of style in a single realm. Why Deadlands though as opposed to creating something unique from scratch?

ETS Group

Because Deadlands :) It's my gaming group's all time favorite game and we tend to cycle back to it every few years. So throwing it into Torg is a great nod to all the awesome times that have been had in the weird west.

I do like the suggestion of idea of
Kuildeous wrote:I think having an Iron Chef Cosm could be kind of fun. Roll four 30-sided dice to dictate your axioms and now make up a realm. Justify those axioms.

So I think I'm going to use that as a jumping off point :)

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:07 pm

I love the randomness of creating those kind of axiom numbers - Imagine rolling a 1 for Social Axiom :o

ETS Group

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:23 pm

I ran a comic-relief session at a con one year set in Murphy's World.
It was a gag ring quest, and the ring is the DD which the highlord "Bob, lord of evil" never had the brains to understand.

The bearer is **begged** by the ring not to leave it behind.

The world laws included such things as "Death by humor is seldom fatal."
And "make the GM laugh and you get a possability point."

ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_World

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:31 pm

That's awesome lol

I wonder if we could have a Ring as a High Lord....Hmmmmm :twisted:

ETS Group

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”