Player Created Realm - What if?

User avatar
Kuildeous
Posts: 1505
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby Kuildeous » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Even the Space Gods at least brought something new to the zombie trope (before it became a big trope) with the Comaghaz plague creating a hivemind.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

User avatar
ShirtlessOBrien
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby ShirtlessOBrien » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 pm

One idea I had was a cosm akin to Kung Fu Cult Master, Naruto or 1800s Feng Shui, a high-magic setting with no dragons or orcs, just superpowered martial arts dudes (and maybe village-eating kaiju). One Upon A Time In China 2 does a very evocative job of showing what it might be like to be invaded by hordes of kung fu cultists with a magical leader, although of course in that movie guns work. It would be even scarier if guns stopped working when the genocidal hordes with meat-cleavers and kung fu charged you.

Something I don't think we've seen yet is an invader getting invaded, and I think it would be both hilarious and appropriate if Pan-Pacifica got stabbed in the back by a rival High Lord who was out for revenge, so hordes of kung-fu monks charged down a bridge of birds to punch the techno-ninjas. It would be a major turning point in the war if that happened so it should probably be a whole series of adventures to discover Kung Fu Cosm, find a way to travel there, punch your way to the local High Lord to make them a proposal, and then do something or other as the new front kicks off just in time to prevent an apocalyptic something or other.

User avatar
Exploring the Storm
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby Exploring the Storm » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:02 pm

A High Lord invading another realm on Earth would be interesting - Say Cyberpapacy invading Aysle...imagine those fireworks.

Would we as players intervene via Delphi Council or do you think the Council would stay out of it?


ETS Group

Savioronedge
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby Savioronedge » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 pm

That was how we got Tharkold in oTorg.

Hawk Knight
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby Hawk Knight » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:42 am

How about realm with very high social, but very low tech and mediocre magic and spiritual axioms. World laws that make physical combat and aggression difficult. The world of lotus eaters. Where you just want to lay down your arms and surrender while the enemies dominate your mind and suck all the possibilities dry.

User avatar
ShirtlessOBrien
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby ShirtlessOBrien » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:10 am

Hawk Knight wrote:How about realm with very high social, but very low tech and mediocre magic and spiritual axioms. World laws that make physical combat and aggression difficult. The world of lotus eaters. Where you just want to lay down your arms and surrender while the enemies dominate your mind and suck all the possibilities dry.


A sort of mental rule I have for myself when thinking about what would work in Torg is "am I cool if I punch this?". I don't think punching evil pacifists makes you cool. Jumping off a skyscraper to punch a dragon makes you cool. I have the same reservations about a furry-cosm where you punch an evil ferret.

User avatar
Exploring the Storm
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby Exploring the Storm » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 am

Animal cruelty!! :shock:

What about an island that exists in Core Earth but has its own set of axioms that is greater then anywhere on Earth. The island is one neutral battle royal / single combat fight club for honor and glory and prizes as well. It would be sanctioned by all the High Lords and Delphi Council for the best fighters to come and hone their skills even more.

Not to mention potential backroom deals that the High Lords / Delphi Council / Storm Knights make in secret for whatever reasons they deem fit.


ETS Group

User avatar
DerHuthmacher
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:03 am
Location: Ruhr area; Germany

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby DerHuthmacher » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:43 am

Only if I can be Liu Kang. :?
---
Hell is where the heart is.

User avatar
ShirtlessOBrien
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 pm

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby ShirtlessOBrien » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 am

Exploring the Storm wrote:Animal cruelty!! :shock:

What about an island that exists in Core Earth but has its own set of axioms that is greater then anywhere on Earth. The island is one neutral battle royal / single combat fight club for honor and glory and prizes as well. It would be sanctioned by all the High Lords and Delphi Council for the best fighters to come and hone their skills even more.

Not to mention potential backroom deals that the High Lords / Delphi Council / Storm Knights make in secret for whatever reasons they deem fit.


How about that idea, except that the local Darkness Device has as thing where it chooses a new master every decade or two based on who wins the King of Mortal Street Fighter Kombat (Versus Capcom) tournament? Of course it cheats to try to make sure the most evil person wins, but seeing as it's an inanimate object there's only so much it can do.

The DD should probably be a big belt or something, but I can't say I'm not tempted to make it an arcade cabinet.

Hawk Knight
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: Player Created Realm - What if?

Postby Hawk Knight » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:23 am

ShirtlessOBrien wrote:
Hawk Knight wrote:How about realm with very high social, but very low tech and mediocre magic and spiritual axioms. World laws that make physical combat and aggression difficult. The world of lotus eaters. Where you just want to lay down your arms and surrender while the enemies dominate your mind and suck all the possibilities dry.


A sort of mental rule I have for myself when thinking about what would work in Torg is "am I cool if I punch this?". I don't think punching evil pacifists makes you cool. Jumping off a skyscraper to punch a dragon makes you cool. I have the same reservations about a furry-cosm where you punch an evil ferret.


Punching isn't everything. You can have a lot of cool action sequences without combat. If everything devolves to punching then it would seem a boring campaign to me.


Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests