ETS...The Gaunt Man comes seeking assistance

Savioronedge

Re: ETS...The Gaunt Man comes seeking assistance

Postby Savioronedge » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Exploring the Storm wrote:Perhaps making Dancing a skill like Martial Arts and as you master the moves it becomes more lethal ;)

No, the Harlequins are in Wrath and Glory, and that's another US game.

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:28 pm

Never heard of it but the Mannequins sound cool.

Doesn't mean you couldn't have something similar....Penguin Gospog Ballet Dancers of Doom sound pretty intimidating :o

ETStorm

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:03 pm

There is nothing in the Game Related market that I am more in emotional need of than Wrath & Glory,
though this is only true because I am getting regular fixes to keep my TORG withdrawal at bay.
► Show Spoiler

ShirtlessOBrien

Postby ShirtlessOBrien » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:48 am

I remember more than twenty years ago I thought I'd get into WH40K, did a bit of research, and decided Harlequins sounded kewl and could make a 1500pt army with relatively few figures making them a good budget option for me. So I mail-ordered a box of minis and paints, carefully painted them all up, took them to the local uni gaming club to play some WH40K and got absolutely annihilated by people playing the normal Eldar who were flavour of the month back then with a new codex full of hideously broken stuff that the Harlequins didn't get. Like some dude who could no-saving-throw Doom you from the far side of the map so you automatically failed Toughness checks, someone else who could auto-hit you with a lascannon from the far side of the map when you were Doomed and squads of teleporting melee monsters that were just plain better than Harlequins in every way that mattered.

I think I played two or three times total and then consigned them to a box forever. I had fun painting the minis at least, and I never spent a cent on a Games Workshop pay-to-win game again.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:10 am

I never got involved with any of the Warhamster games once I figured out the Games Workshop Frustration ModelTM:
  1. Publish most of the rules needed to play a game.
  2. Publish and/or rewrite one or two necessary rules in each monthly magazine following the game's release.
  3. Release a new splatbook for every race, each more broken than the last.
  4. Once the game devolves into utter silliness, release a new version, beginning again at step one.

Afterwards, I found out about their tournament "structure", where I had a friend who would never lose a battle but because he only put the minimal requirements into painting, consistently finished 5th of 6th in the standings. :shock:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Exploring the Storm wrote:Perhaps making Dancing a skill like Martial Arts and as you master the moves it becomes more lethal ;)

This is not necessary. Take capoeira as a skill. It is dancing and martial arts combined and it is from south america - Brazil to be precise.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:16 pm

This is not necessary. Take capoeira as a skill. It is dancing and martial arts combined and it is from south america - Brazil to be precise.
Last edited by Stormchild on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Exploring the Storm

Postby Exploring the Storm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Good to know :)

Wrath & Glory sounds cool - is there a release date?

ETStorm

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:54 pm

All available data is available on the Boards Index on these forums.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”