New/Old Conversions for Eternity

Spatula

Re: New/Old Conversions for Eternity

Postby Spatula » Fri May 24, 2019 12:07 pm

And a few from the old Cyberpapacy:

MAS Fury Assault Rifle (Tech 26, $1,000, fire combat): damage 15, ammo 49, range 50/100/250, Long Burst

The MAS Fury is an assault rifle similar in construction to the GodMeeter. It is capable of single shot, burst, or automatic fire.

GWI HalloMesh Clothes (Tech 26, $350): armor +3

GWI HalloMesh is a stronger form of IriMesh produced by GWI. It’s woven from kinetic fibers which spread the impact of attacks over a larger area. It weighs the same as IriMesh.

Power Sword (Tech 26, $600, melee weapons): Strength +4, AP 3

A broadsword whose blade can be encased in a plasma sheath when activated. Basically a slightly upgraded Electric Katana.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:16 am

This actually isn't a conversion, but I was thinking, wouldn't it be neat if a character could have a flamethrower built into their cybernetic arm? Which seemed more like a Tharkold thing than the Cyberpapacy. I looked through the old books but couldn't find any flame weapons. But there was a bit in the cosm book that the Race couldn't have integrated plasma weapons in their cybernetics, so maybe this is what they get instead.

The Thav-1/Xedi is a hand-held flamethrower, often given to Race thralls for use in assaults against rebel bunkers; most Tharkoldu wouldn't deign to use such an unstable weapon. A long tube containing the fuel extends from the back of the barrel, preventing it from being easily holstered and making the weapon about as long as a sawed-off shotgun. It holds enough for 6 flame jets, and after that the gun must be recharged through a cap in the fuel cylinder. Any kind of gasoline or oil will work; nanomachines in the filter breaks down the inflow and reform it into the necessary composition. A Mishap when firing causes the fuel line to jam, which leads to a build-up of pressure that detonates the remaining ammunition. If this happens, the weapon is destroyed and the wielder takes 16 fire damage.

Thav-1/Xedi Flamegun: Damage 16, Ammo 6, Range 10/15/20, Small Blast, Fire, explodes on Mishap ($750)

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Spatula wrote:This actually isn't a conversion, but I was thinking, wouldn't it be neat if a character could have a flamethrower built into their cybernetic arm? Which seemed more like a Tharkold thing than the Cyberpapacy. I looked through the old books but couldn't find any flame weapons. But there was a bit in the cosm book that the Race couldn't have integrated plasma weapons in their cybernetics, so maybe this is what they get instead.

The Thav-1/Xedi is a hand-held flamethrower, often given to Race thralls for use in assaults against rebel bunkers; most Tharkoldu wouldn't deign to use such an unstable weapon. A long tube containing the fuel extends from the back of the barrel, preventing it from being easily holstered and making the weapon about as long as a sawed-off shotgun. It holds enough for 6 flame jets, and after that the gun must be recharged through a cap in the fuel cylinder. Any kind of gasoline or oil will work; nanomachines in the filter breaks down the inflow and reform it into the necessary composition. A Mishap when firing causes the fuel line to jam, which leads to a build-up of pressure that detonates the remaining ammunition. If this happens, the weapon is destroyed and the wielder takes 16 fire damage.

Thav-1/Xedi Flamegun: Damage 16, Ammo 6, Range 10/15/20, Small Blast, Fire, explodes on Mishap ($750)

As a suggestion I would do 16 +1D6 to give it a bit of instability. Also state it ignores armour, unless fully sealed, as all fire damage does.

Saying that, I like it. I imagine with a flick of the wrist, your normal cyber hand reconfigures and is replaced with a nozzle to shoot fiery death.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:51 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:As a suggestion I would do 16 +1D6 to give it a bit of instability. Also state it ignores armour, unless fully sealed, as all fire damage does.

I like that, thanks. The first draft had something like 10 +1 BD per shot left, but I thought that was a little crazy to possibly be rolling 6 BD. But having just 1 BD is a good compromise.

Atama

Postby Atama » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Spatula wrote:
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:As a suggestion I would do 16 +1D6 to give it a bit of instability. Also state it ignores armour, unless fully sealed, as all fire damage does.

I like that, thanks. The first draft had something like 10 +1 BD per shot left, but I thought that was a little crazy to possibly be rolling 6 BD. But having just 1 BD is a good compromise.

10 +1BD seems fair; it’s a base 11-15 damage with a chance for a re-roll. And Trademark Weapon would be a fantastic perk to combine with it.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

mathey

Postby mathey » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:13 am

For absolutely no good reason, I've been tinkering with a system for converting oTorg to Torg Eternity. It is by no means perfect - or even something I'd call "sane" - but its been fun to do in a nerdy sort of way. :geek:

I started out with looking at the Value Charts for each, and quickly realized they are essentially the same, though TorgE explicitly has "ranges" rather than a single number for each value (a value of 5 has a measure of "10" in oTorg; in TorgE that same value has a measure of "10-14"). So, figuring that the main place rubber meets the road in the game is in character stats, I started digging into that instead. I compared ability and skill benchmarks, point pools, and so on. That led to looking at Difficulties in the two systems, which was probably where I should have started. I also checked out some equipment stats, particularly weapon numbers, and that's about where I've stopped now.

My biggest takeaways are not really that surprising but can be useful guidelines:

oTorg ability and skill scores didn't have as hard of a ceiling, and late game stats spiked as bloat inevitably pushed things there. There's more of a rising curve that could go into the stratosphere.

TorgE ability and skill scores have a flatter curve, with things plateauing earlier and closer to the stated benchmarks.

This is reflected in the Difficulty benchmarks - "Easy" in oTorg was a 5 and is an 8 in TorgE, "Near Impossible" in oTorg was 25 and is 20 in TorgE, with the range from "Complicated" to "Very Hard" being almost the same. oTorg Difficulties are around 1.375x higher than TorgE, and while I'm hesitant to using that as a hard and fast rule, it can be a helpful guideline.

Due to the changes in the way damage is handled in TorgE, weapon stats are trickier. Generally speaking TorgE damage is going to be lower, with the biggest drop being in firearms and heavy weapons - especially with automatic weapons. oTorg miniguns did 27 (!) damage and TorgE's version only does 15. That's tied up in how short, long and heavy bursts now work. Melee and missile weapons have less of a change, usually around 2 to 3 points of a drop in TorgE, and spell damage is usually around 4 points less (haven't really examined oTorg spells very closely, though).
Last edited by mathey on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

mathey

NPC Stat Guidelines

Postby mathey » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:18 am

Here's some NPC stat guidelines I've been working on, based on what's been released so far. Its a work in progress and can certainly be improved upon by smarter math people.

AVERAGE PERSON SKILL RATINGS
5 (weak) and 10 (strong) (average 7) (ex. Normal person)
Max Adds: +2?
Damage: 7-
TOU: 7-9

ALPHA SKILL RATINGS - MINIONS
6 (weak) and 12 (strong) (average 9) (ex. Police, soldiers, gospog of the first planting, shocktroopers, host, demon, infected, thralls)
Max Adds: +3
Damage: 9-15
TOU: 8-13

ALPHA SKILL RATINGS - ELITES
9 (weak) and 15 (strong) (average 12) (ex. wights, cyberpriests, elite shocktroopers, Scarab Warriors, Stormers, masked marauders, werewolves, jiangshi)
Max Adds: +5
Damage: 9-20
TOU: 9-17

ALPHA SKILL RATINGS - BOSSES
12 (weak) and 18 (strong) (average 15) (ex. technodemons, Hosts, minor demons, unnamed Ravagons, unnamed dragons)
Max Adds: +7
Damage: 14-19?
TOU: 14-21

BETA SKILL RATINGS
16 (weak) and 24 (strong) (average 19) (ex. experienced Stormers, named Ravagons, late-planting gospogs, asags, divine mummies, sphinxes, base walking god)
Max Adds: +8
Damage: 14-18
TOU: 15-20

GAMMA SKILL RATINGS
19 (weak) and 26 (strong) (average 22) (ex. major demons, gargantuan monsters, potential-High Lord villains, gospogs of the 5th planting, Thrakmoss)
Max Adds: +7?
Damage: 17?
TOU: 16-19?

DELTA SKILL RATINGS
22 (weak) and 28 (strong) (average 25) (ex. High Lords, Dr. Mobius, Baruk Kaah, The “Insidious” Wu Han, legendary creatures like the Carredon)
Max Adds: +10?
Damage: 13-23
TOU: 18-22

OMEGA SKILL RATINGS
25 (weak) and 40 (strong) (average 32) (ex. Darkness Devices)
Max Adds: ?
Damage: ?
TOU: ?

NPC POINT POOLS
GENERAL MINOR NPCS
30-38 Ability Points (34 Average Ability Points) (7 Average Ability)
12-21 Skill Adds (16 Average Skill Adds) (+2?)

GENERAL MAJOR NPCS
43-54 Ability Points (48 Average Ability Points) (10 Average Ability)
20-33 Skill Adds (26 Average Skill Adds) (+4???)

MINIONS
33 Average Ability Points (7 Average Ability)
15 Average Skill Adds
+2 Average Skill Adds

ELITES
39 Average Ability Points (8 Average Ability)
20 Average Skill Points
Average Reality
+4 Average Skill Adds

BOSS
53 Average Ability Points (11 Average Ability)
27 Average Skill Points
Average Reality
+4 Average Skill Adds

mathey

Postby mathey » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:39 am

Here's some tables I made comparing Ability Scores and Skill Adds in oTorg and TorgE - these are probably the most applicable things to use in converting NPCs from one system to the other, with the awareness that you'll need to eyeball things and go with your gut when things don't make sense.

Hope people find these useful!

Torg NPC Conversion Tables

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:55 am

Also remember that the skills are the end all and be all, perks help a lot. Trademark weapon or berserk are not just for flavour.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

mathey

Postby mathey » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:31 am

CyberKnight 1.0 (Cyberpapacy)
DEX 11
Str 9
Tou 9/14
Per 10
Mnd 8
Cha 8
Spi 8
Dodge 12, energy weapons 12, fire combat 12, long jumping 13, melee weapons 12, running 12, stealth 12, unarmed combat 12, cyberdeck ops 11, find 12, land vehicles 11, trick 11, survival 10, test 11, willpower 11, taunt 9, faith 10, intimidation 10, +1 in three other skills
Plexiflex +4, herod iv (19), power dagger (+5/13), plazhop legs

CyberKnight Torg Eternity (converted and eyeballed)
CHA 7, DEX 9, MND 8, SPI 8, STR 8
Dodge +1/10, energy weapons +1/10, fire combat +2/11, melee weapons +1/10, stealth +1/10, unarmed combat +1/10, computers +2/10, find +2/10, land vehicles +1/10, trick +2/10, survival +1/9, willpower +2/10, taunt +1/8, faith +2/10, intimidation +1/9
Move: 11, Tou 10 (2), Shock 8, Wounds 1
Equipment: GWI GodBeam Laser (14 damage, 100/500/1K, AP 1, Short Burst), Power Dagger (Strength +2/10 damage, Small)
Perks: Cyberware (CSI EyeKill Mk IV (ignore 2 range penalty), CyberHam Encrypted Comms, Trigon Body Plating (+2), CyberLegs (+2 move?)), Whirlwind
Possibilities: Common (2)
Special Abilities: -

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”