Hot Targets for High Lords

TorgHacker

Re: Hot Targets for High Lords

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
Spatula wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:I can't think of a better place. Ideas?

I think where they are now is pretty good. Russia, Eastern Europe, they can push west into central Europe or south into the Middle East... (looks at Day 90 map) Hey wait, were all those Tharkold Stela Sites to the south, east, and west that are not linked to zones on the map before? I don't remember seeing those. And if they were, why aren't they filled with Tharkold zones?

If they were going to drop into North America, I would maybe pick Canada around one of the big cities, like Toronto. Or Mexico, especially in places where the cartels have a lot of power. The jungles of Central and South America, where they can hunt their favorite sport among the trees (Predator!).

I just noticed those too, they were not there last time I looked. Invasion plans, or perhaps they were there before the bomb and just aren't active again yet? @TorgHacker !!!!???

Uh......

OMG WHAT IS THAT! <points>

Nothing to see here folks... :lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:50 pm

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE STELAE BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

Seriously though, the Tharkold realm was at one point, larger, but we reduced it for reasons, and when we do expand it again we didn't want to recreate the wheel.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 pm

How about Australia?

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:How about Australia?

It's a good fit, not only are all the animals trying to kill you, but the demons too. I'm still a fan of LA, Vegas and Mexico for a Tharkoldu invasion, they're just interesting places to me. I've visited all of them, and I can't think of anywhere more appropriate for demons than San Bernardino or Mexico City. But I get that they can be interesting in a place that clashes with them too.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Orrosh
► Show Spoiler

Pan Pacifica
► Show Spoiler

Aysle
► Show Spoiler

Nile Empire
► Show Spoiler

Cyberpapacy
► Show Spoiler

Tharkold
► Show Spoiler

Living Land
► Show Spoiler

EDIT: Spoiler tags added to reduce the "Wall-o-text" which fell out of my fingertips
Last edited by Wotan on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glitchfinder General

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:30 pm

TorgHacker wrote:*cough*

InvasionPlanClip.png

Unlike the Cylons, they really do have a plan. :lol:

This is reassuring. One of the big disappointments of the new(er) BSG was that it was literally all one big "Deus Ex Machina"! :lol:
TorgHacker wrote:[[REDACTED BY ORDER OF THE DELPHI COUNCIL]]

Ok, now you're teasing us! :D
I thought the Delphi Council was meant to be on our side! Why are they so darn secretive? :(

A serious question which occurs to me since posting my wall-o-text above: If you had a CP-LL mixed zone, would the dominant faith (important for which gods can manifest from Spirit 20+) automatically be the LL, as the bringers of the high Spirit Axiom, or would it be based on relative numbers of believers within the zone?
Either way, we can't have the Lanala vs cyber-Jesus smack down which I postulated above, but, having imagined it, the possibility of cyber-Jesus turning up, in the flesh, is something which I want to be possible.
Glitchfinder General

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:07 pm

If we're playing "What If" with High Lord expansions, this is what I'd like to see, starting with the realms that most need to expand their territories:

The Cyberpapacy
It's very small, and needs to grow. Europe is largely divvied up, so I think they should drop bridges elsewhere. What I'd really like to see is the CP declare war on the Living Land. They have plenty of reasons to do so. Edeinos are beasts, and God gave Man dominion over all the beasts of the earth, right? Plus, their religion is a blasphemy. A double blasphemy, actually, because not only do they worship a false god, they spurn technology, which is the only path to salvation. They've just gotta go.

Malraux could drop bridges into the population centers of Central/South America, the ones that have the largest Catholic denominations. Take over those areas and then try to fully convert them to Cyber-Catholicism before ever trying to move on Rome. Also, drop a bridge into Quebec, take that province, and then reclaim New England from the LL. New England should really be CP. I mean, c'mon, a region that has both MIT, and a history of burning witches? It's perfect! Since the buildings would all be destroyed by the LL axiom decay, and the population significantly thinned, you could even have a new, colonial type environment. Puritanical CP residents, cobbling villages together from raw timber, while also sporting cybernetic enhancements under their homespun clothes? It sounds awesome to me.

Aysle
Aysle's gotta grow, too. When I ask myself what part of the world would fit in best with a bitterly cold, high fantasy setting, I think Russia. Traditional Russian folklore is filled with magic. Baba yaga, etc. We know Uthorion is the Gaunt Man's do-boy lackey. Have GM order Uthorion to attack Tharkold, as punishment for Kranod's mistakes. Uthorion would do it, even if it's not in his best interests to do so. The Gaunt Man is just that scary. So . . . Aysle expands into Russia, at Tharkold's expense, and we get some good medieval magic vs techno-demonic action going on.

Tharkold
Tharkold needs a win. Doubly so, if Aysle attacks and is taking territory from them. I say drop a bridge into Mexico City, and then expand north into southern/central California. Mexico City has a big population, and it would be a shame to let all that life-is-cheap gang violence there go to waste, swallowed up by the LL instead. As for California, it could become a post-apocalyptic entertainment capital. The demons could co-op the movie and television industries there, to make Hunger Games/Running Man-style "entertainment" for themselves.

Orrorsh
Indonesia is an obvious expansion area. But if the Gaunt Man wanted to punish Tharkold for their mistakes, and ordered Aysle to attack them, he wouldn't just let the Tharkoldu escape to North America. So HE could drop a bridge there, too, and take back a little of what they'd planned to take for themselves. I can see a few Orrorshan zones in the Southwest. Arizona, Nevada, etc. Victorian-era technology is close enough to wild west tech (revolvers, stage coaches), that you could have a cool wild west/horror setting there. Native American magic; Sacellum "missionaries"; steely-eyed gunslingers, riding into town to handle a monster threat before riding off into a blood-red sunset . . . if the monster didn't get them first, of course. I think it'd be cool.

Living Land
Kaah could keep the eastern seaboard and Midwest, and could pull off a healthy expansion into non-CP areas of South/Central America. He'd be doing well, but to soothe the sting of losing the west coast, he could drop a bridge into Australia. I like the idea of the Outback, but with dinosaurs and jungle-y areas added on. Rugged outdoorsman on walkabouts; Aboriginal tribes holding their own against the axiom shift, because they're still in touch with the old ways; the "Dream Time" as a cool new mystical element to explore.

The Nile Empire
I like the idea of a pulp Wild West area, if the Orrosh thing doesn't work out. Otherwise, just securing all of Africa for himself, and expanding into the middle east.

Pan-Pacifica
They've got a large, healthy population to chew on (pardon the pun) in Asia, with plenty of good expansion opportunities present, without even needing to drop new bridges elsewhere. They could opportunistically pick up new Core Earth areas on the sly, however, as the opportunity presents itself.

Those are my quick thoughts on the matter.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Is Asyle capable of expanding? I thought the DD was... somewhere else (London? Back in the realm?) after Uthorion was driven out of Ardinay's body. Though I suppose it could go wherever it wished to? So if it wanted to reunite with him it could. I remember in oTorg it didn't do much, and Urhorion took on different forms to try and prove to it that he was worthy of being High Lord, to no avail.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:33 pm

No, Uthorion's Darkness Device is with him.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:35 pm

TorgHacker wrote:No, Uthorion's Darkness Device is with him.

That's good. Uthorion was kind of a chump in oTorg, much like Baruk Kaah.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”