Postby Savioronedge » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Maybe Change "Cloudy" to "Stormy"

??

Staffan

Re: Chance of Space Gods?

Postby Staffan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:36 pm

utsukushi wrote:You, on the other hand... <glare>

:lol:

I had read it in kind of a meteorologist voice, but I hadn't gone there until you gave it that little push. Now, indeed, I do.

My work here is done.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:11 pm

The fact I'm actually a weather forecaster in my day job just makes it all the worse. :lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

ghost armor 1337

Postby ghost armor 1337 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:00 pm

A important question that nobody brother to ask is: what happened to the Comaghaz after the Gaunt Man drained the cosm?

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:14 pm

It went on to star in the hit sitcom, Who's Comaghaz To Dinner?. After a solid six season run, the ratings finally started to fall off, and the Comaghaz married its costar, Andromeda Strain, and they settled down to a terribly quiet life in a soon-to-be-empty galaxy.

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:40 pm

I liked the Meso-American/Peruvian/Ancient Aliens part of Space Gods and the living tech was cool, too. The thing I kind of hated the most was something that was left out - space, specifically space/aerospace vehicles. I'd been gleefully anticipating that book's arrival, eager to get my TORG version of Star Wars/Buck Rogers/ Babylon5 on. And I got a truck (along with a hover-car and a glorified jet-ski). A freaking truck. No space god X-wings, Star Furies, not even a Spacegods-darned V:The Series shuttle. A truck. There was much hate in my house on that dark day.

As far as the Akashans, taking the idea of modelling cosms after easier-to-grasp pop-culture takes, instead of Star Wars or Star Trek, for the new, more desperate TORG, how about the 2003-2009 take on Battlestar Galactica. The Akashans are fleeing to Earth, the site of an ancient colony in search of sanctuary, only to find it under siege by the High Lord, which include the hated Gaunt Man. So there will be factions. Some want to seize resources and flee elsewhere, other want to take the planet (or the South American part of it) as a new home, some want to help the human resist and a few want to go Death Star on Earth, destroying it and destroying the Gaunt Man with it. Oh, and perhaps they're being chased by space-borne Horrors let loose by the Gaunt Man and now outside of his control.

Let space also be a frontier of the Possibility Wars. Hell, if nothing else, is there anyone who really thinks the flag that was put on the Moon isn't a potent Eternity shard?

Etan Krel

Postby Etan Krel » Tue May 01, 2018 4:37 am

johntfs wrote:How about the 2003-2009 take on Battlestar Galactica. The Akashans are fleeing to Earth, the site of an ancient colony in search of sanctuary, only to find it under siege by the High Lord, which include the hated Gaunt Man. So there will be factions. Some want to seize resources and flee elsewhere, other want to take the planet (or the South American part of it) as a new home, some want to help the human resist and a few want to go Death Star on Earth, destroying it and destroying the Gaunt Man with it. Oh, and perhaps they're being chased by space-borne Horrors let loose by the Gaunt Man and now outside of his control.

Let space also be a frontier of the Possibility Wars. Hell, if nothing else, is there anyone who really thinks the flag that was put on the Moon isn't a potent Eternity shard?

I think this is a really good idea.

ghost armor 1337

Postby ghost armor 1337 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:14 am

you know an idea for return of the Akashans is basically the Battlemechs from BattleTech vs tyranids from warhammer 40K.

The basic gist is that Comaghaz somehow gain the ability to infect Biotech and twist monstrous forms (no doubt with a little help from Gaunt Man), this fact forced the Akashans to result to more "primitive" technologies in come the Battlemechs.

basically thisImage vs this Image

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Fri May 11, 2018 11:08 pm

My head-canon for the moment is that the Gaunt Man and Orrorsh invaded the Akashan Cosm, but didn't so much conquer it by draining it's Possibilities, but ruined it instead, unleashing some uncontrolled plague of Horrors that destroyed it while he took what he wanted - seeds from Reality Tree that he could subvert into Nightmare Trees.

So, there's a terrified, desperate fleet of cosm survivors heading to Earth that are being followed by a swarm of nightmares that owe no allegiance to the Gaunt Man. Think Alien, The Expanse or that Sam Neill vehicles, Event Horizon. Hell, Syfy's doing an adaption of George R. R. Martin's Nightflyers for the fall.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”