Fires of Ra Discussion and Questions

GeniusCodeMonkey

Re: Fires of Ra Discussion and Questions

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Kuildeous wrote:
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:No worries, I've got all the charts in a xlsx sheet, so I can just copy what's needed from there and print it.

Well, yours might look nicer than my obvious screen grabs, so maybe I should be asking you to share yours. *grin*

I'm looking at doing something for the infiniverse exchange once I get time and work out how. .. maybe I'll do this first. :D
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:29 am

I'm not sure if its mentioned elsewhere... p60 has Giant Scorpions with Ballistic vest and M4 assault rifle as equipment, I'm sure this isn't correct. What should they have?
Question everything.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:54 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:I'm not sure if its mentioned elsewhere... p60 has Giant Scorpions with Ballistic vest and M4 assault rifle as equipment, I'm sure this isn't correct. What should they have?

Nothing. And it doesn't have Double Tap either.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:19 am

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:21 am

Something always slips through.

Go with this:

GIANT SCORPION
Attributes: Charisma 2, Dexterity 8, Mind 2, Spirit 8, Strength 12
Skills: Dodge 10, maneuver 10, stealth 10, trick (7), unarmed combat 13
Move: 8; Tough: 14 (2); Shock: 8; Wounds: —
Equipment: –
Perks: – 
Possibilities: None
Special Abilities:
•Armor: Carapace provides Armor +2.
•Bite/Claws: Strength+3 (15)
•Mindless: These scorpions are immune to intimidation, taunt interactions, and telepathic powers.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:57 am

OK. The guys (and gal) got out of the temple after Queen Sekana kill one party member and wounds 2 others... the 'inevitable return cosm card's (forgot what its called) was played so she can come back later... they leave the temple and Killingsworth was waiting for them, snipes them from the jungle after the normal monologue and kills 2 more party members. The last party member sneaks off with the bow.

Only 1 player decided to have their character come back, the other two are doing new ones. To say that was a hard encounter is an understatement, but then not every combat is supposed to be fought.
Question everything.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:00 am

hawaiianbrian wrote:Something always slips through.

Go with this:

GIANT SCORPION
Attributes: Charisma 2, Dexterity 8, Mind 2, Spirit 8, Strength 12
Skills: Dodge 10, maneuver 10, stealth 10, trick (7), unarmed combat 13
Move: 8; Tough: 14 (2); Shock: 8; Wounds: —
Equipment: –
Perks: – 
Possibilities: None
Special Abilities:
•Armor: Carapace provides Armor +2.
•Bite/Claws: Strength+3 (15)
•Mindless: These scorpions are immune to intimidation, taunt interactions, and telepathic powers.

True, you just need more anal proof readers that actually read the scenario and make sure the stats make sense.
Question everything.

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:51 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:OK. The guys (and gal) got out of the temple after Queen Sekana kill one party member and wounds 2 others... the 'inevitable return cosm card's (forgot what its called) was played so she can come back later... they leave the temple and Killingsworth was waiting for them, snipes them from the jungle after the normal monologue and kills 2 more party members. The last party member sneaks off with the bow.

Only 1 player decided to have their character come back, the other two are doing new ones. To say that was a hard encounter is an understatement, but then not every combat is supposed to be fought.

Wow, it does sound like that was a tough encounter for your players.

I intentionally make the last scene in each act extra challenging. Word of warning, the encounter at the end of Act 4 (Amazons) might prove to be too tough unless you reduce the number of enemies or let your players control a couple of NPC Amazons.

And I always encourage GMs to go "off-script" where needed. I want your players to have a tough time, but not necessarily get wiped out! Consider the adventure like the pirate code –– more like guidelines.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:43 am

hawaiianbrian wrote:
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:OK. The guys (and gal) got out of the temple after Queen Sekana kill one party member and wounds 2 others... the 'inevitable return cosm card's (forgot what its called) was played so she can come back later... they leave the temple and Killingsworth was waiting for them, snipes them from the jungle after the normal monologue and kills 2 more party members. The last party member sneaks off with the bow.

Wow, it does sound like that was a tough encounter for your players.

I intentionally make the last scene in each act extra challenging. Word of warning, the encounter at the end of Act 4 (Amazons) might prove to be too tough unless you reduce the number of enemies or let your players control a couple of NPC Amazons.

And I always encourage GMs to go "off-script" where needed. I want your players to have a tough time, but not necessarily get wiped out! Consider the adventure like the pirate code –– more like guidelines.

Will do.
Question everything.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:35 pm

IDK Giant Scorpion men with guns sounds better IMO.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”