Fires of Ra Discussion and Questions

Greymarch2000

Re: Fires of Ra Discussion and Questions

Postby Greymarch2000 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:18 pm

hawaiianbrian wrote:
Greymarch2000 wrote:So started into Act Four and one of the first things that happens is one of the SKs plays a Romance card on Magaera during the dinner. Oy.

So... how did it all go?

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in scene 6!

We'll find out on Thursday

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 am

Well it got postponed a week, but in the meantime I did notice something. In the Aftermath of Act Five it talks about how finding the Mandjet's current position is "easily gotten from the Amazons in Chapter Four" but I saw no mention anywhere of them knowing its whereabouts? Is this assuming interrogating Red Hand or something?

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:15 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:Well it got postponed a week, but in the meantime I did notice something. In the Aftermath of Act Five it talks about how finding the Mandjet's current position is "easily gotten from the Amazons in Chapter Four" but I saw no mention anywhere of them knowing its whereabouts? Is this assuming interrogating Red Hand or something?

See Page 13 of this thread where folks very patiently answered a ton of clarifying questions for me including this one.

"• Act 5, Aftermath: An early draft had the Amazons able to supply this information, but it was since changed. Disregard."

Grae

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Thanks, I had a feeling it may have been buried in here but that this point I don't know what I've read where heh

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:12 am

One of their pilots was up in her invisible jet, tracking it. :D

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:40 pm

Wakshani wrote:One of their pilots was up in her invisible jet, tracking it. :D

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:44 am

Just saw a battle map which, though intended for fantasy, might be useful for the camp/headless zombie fight in Act 3. The description doesn’t say the camp was built in ruins, but hey — change it if it looks cool!

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlemaps/com ... ame=iossmf

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:52 am

Act Six has gone into a strange direction. Almost as soon as the group arrived in Port Bell the Realm Runner played a Captured! card causing the group to be arrested and taken to the Luzira Prison. They somehow managed to convince the warden that they should go in general population (persuasion roll of like 40 something) so where out in the yard just beginning to assert their dominance "prison movie style" when Snake King attacked and started a riot.

Instead of fighting though they decided to try to infiltrate his organization, taking out some thugs to prove themselves and making themselves seem like badasses willing to fight for him. He seemed pretty megalomaniacal so he took them on (did I mention they have a new "face" character with a persuasion of like 20?).

The adventure took quite a turn and they managed to get Snake King to use his contacts to find out about Imperial shipments and narrow down where the base was. When they eventually found the information they decided to "get rid of the trash". It was funny that what they did took like an hour where a simple streetwise check would have sufficed, but this ended up being a much longer, weirder story. Which is definitely what my group prefers. Poor tombs didn't make it though...

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:18 am

Sounds awesome.

In act 5 I have a Nile Hero with Mind Control and Invisibility. He basically walked into the Engineering complex, mind controlled an Acolytes to get him the plans and walked out with them. I'm paraphrasing, but that's basically what he did in around 2 hours of game time. The rest if the group just waited outside in a bar until he came back.
He isn't a combat character so it was the first time he really got to shine.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

mathey

Postby mathey » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:19 am

We've gotten as far as the third Act. They plowed on through the Lost City of Zembiti without stopping to investigate very much, and they ignored my dangled hints about the pit of bodies (fair) and the Congolese river pirates (darn). The group managed to out maneuver Kolo during the fight with him and got him to smash into some scenery and hurt him pretty bad in the brain-case, but in their attempt to rescue the poor guy in the pit the Paladin of Dunad got a Mishap and fell while trying to carry him up and the Colombian did not survive.

They eventually got to the Nightmare Tree and quickly started working on setting it on fire. The group had trouble with the giant snake, but Kolo's return appearance provided them with an excellent distraction while they waited for the tree to burn all the way down. There was the use of a big explosion that ended up sending the whole party to Sekana's tomb below, and our Edeinos archer quickly disarmed her. Killingsworth had a few near misses on the gadgeteer, but they made good use of Opponent Fails and Possibilities to avoid getting blown to Hell. We wrapped up with them rescuing some hostages from Killingsworth's camp after the Paladin got him with a rocket-propelled sword blow.

We have continued to enjoy the adventure a lot, but got a bit exhausted by the unrelenting pace and took a break to do some Pan-Pacifica missions.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”