Kaiju and Mecha in Pan-Pacifica

Here Comes The Flood

Re: Kaiju and Mecha in Pan-Pacifica

Postby Here Comes The Flood » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:22 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:It's been stated elsewhere that PP is more in line with Hard Boiled or Resident Evil. No big robots.

And this is a thread asking if we want Big Robots.

Hence posting concerns about how that changes the setting and whether it's even appropriate, because it really feels like it would be out of place in a Hardboiled/Zombie setting.
“When the night shows, the signals grow on radios
All the strange things, they come and go, as early warnings…”

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 am

Here Comes The Flood wrote:
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:It's been stated elsewhere that PP is more in line with Hard Boiled or Resident Evil. No big robots.

And this is a thread asking if we want Big Robots.

Hence posting concerns about how that changes the setting and whether it's even appropriate, because it really feels like it would be out of place in a Hardboiled/Zombie setting.

I don't think that PP have Zombies (they look like zombies and act like zombies, but Orrosh is more zombie trope). I think they are more like biotech creations using humans as biomass to create something ... else.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:11 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
ZorValachan wrote:
Here Comes The Flood wrote:Honestly don't want it to become the Anime Cosm just because it's set in Asia.

Okay with kaiju and can accept zombies (even though our culture hit Peak Zombie a decade ago) but really don't want to see anime tropes.

So much you could do with Asia beyond amine.

This is my opinion as well. Just because axioms change shouldn't mean all Core Earth myths/pop culture become real. They are different realities invading, not Core Earth ideas. Torg isn't Rifts... If an anime cosm invaded I'd rather see it somewhere else. Like southern Africa, somewhere unrelated and completely unexpected.

It's been stated elsewhere that PP is more in line with Hard Boiled or Resident Evil. No big robots.

And I'll restate it. No big robots.

We investigated it for sure, but the feedback was so one-sided it made it an easy decision.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

jhosmer1

Postby jhosmer1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:48 am

All that said, there's nothing stopping anyone from making their campaign's PP to go Pacific Rim. :lol:

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:54 pm

jhosmer1 wrote:All that said, there's nothing stopping anyone from making their campaign's PP to go Pacific Rim. :lol:

I don’t want to be in a giant robot suit fighting a monster shrimp when I disconnect. :(
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Jack Handey wrote:When I die, I want to die in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming, like his passengers.
:o
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:48 am

I would like to know a little of the conquest of Kadandra (I should have put this into the what you want to know about PP thread, but put me down as one of those who doesn't want the Bladerunner / Hard Rain / Resident Evil vibe of PP to be overwhelmed by mechs).

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”