Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby TorgHacker » Thu May 30, 2019 2:08 pm

Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

johntfs
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:31 am

Re: Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby johntfs » Thu May 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Viking diplomacy. Yesssss.

User avatar
Atama
Posts: 948
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby Atama » Thu May 30, 2019 2:41 pm

I love the picture. That giant looks awesome.

Also in my head everyone is terrified because he’s getting ready to relieve himself on their longhouse.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Staffan
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:48 am

Re: Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby Staffan » Fri May 31, 2019 6:18 pm

I like seeing the possibility of winning over at least some viking clans to the side of the Delphi Council. That sounds like a worthwhile goal.

But I'm a little perplexed at seeing mention of going north from Oslo into "Kjollen". There are two words that could mean. The first is "Kjølen", which means "the Keel" and is a colloquial name for the Scandinavian Mountains. But that mainly refers to the mountain range along the border between Sweden and Norway - I'd reckon the southernmost part of those mountains is about 180 km north of Oslo, and it doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd take someone into.

Alternately, it could be "Kjøllen" (the Kiln), which is a marsh about 220 km north of Oslo. I haven't been able to find anything about this place online other than the fact that it exists, which is pretty remarkable.

It could also mean Kjolen (the Skirt), but that seems far-fetched.

I'm assuming this will be clearer in the actual adventure.

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4403
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby TorgHacker » Fri May 31, 2019 6:32 pm

Staffan wrote:I like seeing the possibility of winning over at least some viking clans to the side of the Delphi Council. That sounds like a worthwhile goal.

But I'm a little perplexed at seeing mention of going north from Oslo into "Kjollen". There are two words that could mean. The first is "Kjølen", which means "the Keel" and is a colloquial name for the Scandinavian Mountains. But that mainly refers to the mountain range along the border between Sweden and Norway - I'd reckon the southernmost part of those mountains is about 180 km north of Oslo, and it doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd take someone into.

Alternately, it could be "Kjøllen" (the Kiln), which is a marsh about 220 km north of Oslo. I haven't been able to find anything about this place online other than the fact that it exists, which is pretty remarkable.

It could also mean Kjolen (the Skirt), but that seems far-fetched.

I'm assuming this will be clearer in the actual adventure.


It's a specific location mentioned in the sourcebook that the Aylish Vikings have named.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Taliesin
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby Taliesin » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Staffan wrote:But I'm a little perplexed at seeing mention of going north from Oslo into "Kjollen".

Maybe it's a reference to "Holmenkollen", like a short name the local vikings would have given to the mountain. As TorgHacker said, we'll have to wait for the actual book to find out.

Staffan wrote:It could also mean Kjolen (the Skirt), but that seems far-fetched.

Well, I hope it doesn't... :lol:

User avatar
Rabbitball
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:41 pm

Re: Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby Rabbitball » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Taliesin wrote:
Staffan wrote:It could also mean Kjolen (the Skirt), but that seems far-fetched.

Well, I hope it doesn't... :lol:


I had a player who would have wanted to be from Upper Kjolen... :lol:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

Taliesin
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby Taliesin » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:48 am

Rabbitball wrote:I had a player who would have wanted to be from Upper Kjolen... :lol:

That'd be from around the ski jump then. Sorry... :D

Kanaris
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby Kanaris » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:24 am

OldCoot wrote:<takes two of Kanaris' Possibilites away for posting that limerick> :D


The punishment fits the crime :lol:

User avatar
Atama
Posts: 948
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: Aysle Preview #7 - Revenge of the Carredon (Part 2)

Postby Atama » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:42 am

My GM just throws stuff at me.

(At least once a session. Not joking. I deserve it though.)
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)


Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: agarrett and 31 guests