Nile/Orrorsh Mixed Zone ideas

Kanaris

Re: Nile/Orrorsh Mixed Zone ideas

Postby Kanaris » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:31 pm

TorgHacker wrote:I'll just note that I'm intrigued by the the tack that Evil Hat is taking with their Fate of Cthulhu.

I'll definitely check that out!

Which makes me wonder what the Akashans found in the Void, and what happened to them when they came across the Gaunt Man? Can we expect some star spawn in the Orrorsh cosmbook who do to your Mind what the law of Eternal Corruption does to your Charisma? :)

mathey

Postby mathey » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:12 am

In my campaign we had a crossover adventure in which Dr. Sconce crafted a "fear machine" using a mix of occultism and Victorian-flavored weird science. It was more Nile than Orrorsh, really, but featured a zeppelin manned by mummies, some brains in jars, and a hunchbacked murderer working for Cairo gangsters.

'30s era Universal Monsters movies like The Mummy (1932) are good sources for ideas; they can be creaky and corny, I guess, but there's something comforting about the flavor of old timey horror they deal in. The heroes in those movies tend to be pretty hapless and weak compared to the high-octane action protagonists of Torg, so I think of them as what happens to the Ords before the Player Characters show up.

Atama

Postby Atama » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:Besides. In TorgE when you die you can just remake the same character ;)

Character’s background is that they escaped from a Cyberpapacy cloning facility. Meet your next group member, Claudia 7!
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

MadSci

Postby MadSci » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Kanaris wrote:Sanity rules will be controversial I think, though I agree perseverance was a drag as a GM. Orrorsh in Torg has a similar tone problem with Ravenloft in D&D - fear and horror don't mesh well with what are fundamentally heroic systems. Still, I love Ravenloft and my group enjoyed the Orrorsh adventures in oTorg. The bit about "Orrorsh is where Storm Knights go to die" did actually have the impact of making the PCs afraid of the place.

I spin Corruption partly as losing sanity. The Sinister Secrets card is a hint, if you dare.

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:08 am

MadSci wrote:I spin Corruption partly as losing sanity. The Sinister Secrets card is a hint, if you dare.

I like that a lot and it jibes with losing Charisma instead of Mind - you can still be brilliant, but your force of personality is fractured.

Atama

Postby Atama » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Kanaris wrote:
MadSci wrote:I spin Corruption partly as losing sanity. The Sinister Secrets card is a hint, if you dare.

I like that a lot and it jibes with losing Charisma instead of Mind - you can still be brilliant, but your force of personality is fractured.

If you go by the house rule that the Reality skill is Charisma-based, then losing sanity from Corruption is literally causing you to lose your grip on Reality. :lol:
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 am

Atama wrote:If you go by the house rule that the Reality skill is Charisma-based, then losing sanity from Corruption is literally causing you to lose your grip on Reality. :lol:

You, sir, win the GodNets today :lol: One Host coming right up!

MadSci

Postby MadSci » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Atama wrote:If you go by the house rule that the Reality skill is Charisma-based, then losing sanity from Corruption is literally causing you to lose your grip on Reality. :lol:

Allow me to concur with the quote from TORGHacker in your signature line.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”