Relics of Power Redux w 2 Storm Knights

Zackzenobi

Relics of Power Redux w 2 Storm Knights

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:24 pm

Can we run this adventure with just 2 characters? Long story short, we have 2 players and a DM and I really want to play this adventure since I was such a fan of the Original Trilogy. We are aware of Deanna's reccomendations for increasing #of Cosm Cards and Destiny Cards. Anything else we should keep in mind?

Greymarch2000

Re: Relics of Power Redux w 2 Storm Knights

Postby Greymarch2000 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:35 am

I ran it with 3 without any issues, though my players are Beta Clearance. If you're still Alpha it might be good to have each player controlling 2 characters, or possibly instead add a 3rd "NPC" Storm Knight.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:45 am

Remember also it's meant for "late Alpha clearance" characters. So maybe start them at Beta?

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:43 am

Like any other scenario, it's designed with a team in mind, so you'll need to be flexible. Reduce the number of threats, drop their attack/defense by a couple of points, and maybe even toss a GM-controlled support character in there for good measure and see if that works.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:49 am

Spatula wrote:Remember also it's meant for "late Alpha clearance" characters. So maybe start them at Beta?

Mid-range. The intent is that by Act 7 they'll either be at or on the cusp of Beta Clearance (we changed this during playtesting).
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm

I know that everyone has different tastes, but I'm of the type to avoid running two characters if I can help it. I want to roleplay, and it gets weird if I'm doing two characters. I imagine I'm not alone in that, so I respect if someone else doesn't want to.

I think it can be done with two players, but the GM will have to take this into account. The first part of Act 1 probably can be done more easily with two SKs. It'll feel more like a Scooby Doo episode. The latter part of Act 1 can get hairy, but the cool thing about that portion is that there are plenty of opportunities for the GM and players to work together to use the environment against the villains. Act 1 I feel the most confident about.

Act 2 is a bit more brutal, and the GM can easily accidentally TPK the duo. If the characters play smart and the GM improvises well, I can imagine some ways for Act 2 to go pretty well. Just in case, you may consider hanging onto that Martyr card so your buddy can get out of there.

As a GM, I wouldn't run it as written for 2 players. It'd be greatly modified to make the fights and DSRs fun for everyone.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

hawaiianbrian

Postby hawaiianbrian » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:28 am

Kuildeous wrote:Act 2 is a bit more brutal

What part did your group find brutal?

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:14 pm

hawaiianbrian wrote:
Kuildeous wrote:Act 2 is a bit more brutal

What part did your group find brutal?

Nothing specific and not my group. I was just referring to the general tone of the act. I feel the first act is more investigative and sneaky, which fits really well with just two characters. Act 2 is more about peril and combat, so in comparison it likely will feel a different sort of pressure.

It's more of a gut feeling. I suspect that with only two Storm Knights you're going to see a lot more soaking and card play.

But the interesting thing is that in both acts there are points where the Storm Knights can flee and still get enough to proceed. Bad things happen, certainly, but it's not necessarily a stopping block for them.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Well we are playing tonight so wish us luck! We have a Monster Hunter and I am playing my Chosen Hero I created as my Nile Backer Archetype. I Have only got to play a one act solo adventure before for Torg Eternity so I am pumped!!!

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:03 am

So we ended at the end of Act 1. We Loved it!!

► Show Spoiler

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”