Aysle Preview #10 - When Cosms Collide

Padre

Re: Aysle Preview #10 - When Cosms Collide

Postby Padre » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:12 pm

This is extremely cool on all levels. I cannot wait to get my hands on these products. And now I can tell my players that we're getting two mega adventures for this one...

Plageman

Postby Plageman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Eightybrains wrote:The first thing that comes to mind is that it's a Darkness thing (in which case apparently Darkness isn't as disfiguring has I had been lead to believe), but there could very well be something more here...

If I remember correctly, in oTorg, one of the member of House Tancred had been able to redirect the corrupting effects of Darkness to the land rather than suffer from it. With the consequence of the nature becoming blighted...

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:34 pm

She's described as a Core Earther, but looks like a D&D tiefling in both dress and with the skin and horns, so I'm guessing she's used her chameleon ability on herself?

I assume we'll also be getting more of the Relics of Power adventure. That's a lot of adventure!

So it sounds like When Cosms Collide is basically set in Aysle with agents of other realms coming in. Are there plans for When Cosms Collide: Cyberpapacy (and so on) in later Kickstarters or is this a one-off or is it a "we'll see" situation?

Eightybrains

Postby Eightybrains » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Plageman wrote:
Eightybrains wrote:The first thing that comes to mind is that it's a Darkness thing (in which case apparently Darkness isn't as disfiguring has I had been lead to believe), but there could very well be something more here...

If I remember correctly, in oTorg, one of the member of House Tancred had been able to redirect the corrupting effects of Darkness to the land rather than suffer from it. With the consequence of the nature becoming blighted...

That wasn't just one person, it was the whole "patchwork realm" thing. I haven't seen anything in TorgE that lead me to believe that the patchwork realm was still a setting element, so I just assumed it wasn't. Then again, looking at the Frightening Aspect perk in the core book, the perk doesn't forbid growing radical tiefling horns as an option. :twisted:
I’m just here ‘cause it’s my Special Interest

Atama

Postby Atama » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Eightybrains wrote:Am I to assume that that's the Baroness herself in the art above the preview post? Because if so: first of all, wow, and second of all I do have to wonder where she got those horns from. The first thing that comes to mind is that it's a Darkness thing (in which case apparently Darkness isn't as disfiguring has I had been lead to believe), but there could very well be something more here...

I guess I'll have to wait and see :D

It’s because she caused a Cosm Chameleon.

(Don’t worry, it comes and goes.)
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Atama wrote:
Eightybrains wrote:Am I to assume that that's the Baroness herself in the art above the preview post? Because if so: first of all, wow, and second of all I do have to wonder where she got those horns from. The first thing that comes to mind is that it's a Darkness thing (in which case apparently Darkness isn't as disfiguring has I had been lead to believe), but there could very well be something more here...

Shouldn't she be wearing red, gold, and green as her colors?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:36 pm

Spatula wrote:She's described as a Core Earther, but looks like a D&D tiefling in both dress and with the skin and horns, so I'm guessing she's used her chameleon ability on herself?

I assume we'll also be getting more of the Relics of Power adventure. That's a lot of adventure!

So it sounds like When Cosms Collide is basically set in Aysle with agents of other realms coming in. Are there plans for When Cosms Collide: Cyberpapacy (and so on) in later Kickstarters or is this a one-off or is it a "we'll see" situation?

There won't be one for the Cyberpapacy. That would delay that wave too long. So right now a 'one off' but a 'we'll see' too.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Re: 'soul isotope'

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:26 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Plageman wrote:I'm so excited to see some new meta-concept being introduced by Torg Eternity.

The only thing that worries me (and it's a small one) is how all those adventures are intended to work together...

They're not. They're separate.

I mean, that doesn't mean that they couldn't work together, but that's not the intent.

I'm a little confused. It's called a Mega Adventure, but then you are saying they are separate adventures?

Eightybrains

Postby Eightybrains » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:46 pm

Atama wrote:

Whaddaya mean "don't worry"? The horns are the best part of her! ;)
I’m just here ‘cause it’s my Special Interest

TorgHacker

Re: 'soul isotope'

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:45 am

Zackzenobi wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
Plageman wrote:I'm so excited to see some new meta-concept being introduced by Torg Eternity.

The only thing that worries me (and it's a small one) is how all those adventures are intended to work together...

They're not. They're separate.

I mean, that doesn't mean that they couldn't work together, but that's not the intent.

I'm a little confused. It's called a Mega Adventure, but then you are saying they are separate adventures?

When Cosms Collide is an adventure. Revenge of the Carredon is another adventure. They aren't connected.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”