Aysle setting Q&A thread

TorgHacker

Aysle setting Q&A thread

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:13 pm

Once the Aysle products are out at the end of the Kickstarter, post any questions here!
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Eightybrains

Re: Aysle setting Q&A thread

Postby Eightybrains » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:21 pm

I don't know if I missed this in the books, but is it still canon that Tolwyn returned from the dead by possessing the comatose body of Wendy Miller? Also, I'm noticing that some of the "once a cosm" aspects of the books are missing, like the "Free Zone" and any sort of NPCs that could potentially replace Uthorion. Is that intentional?
I’m just here ‘cause it’s my Special Interest

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Eightybrains wrote:I don't know if I missed this in the books, but is it still canon that Tolwyn returned from the dead by possessing the comatose body of Wendy Miller?

Pretty confident this isn't canon anymore. I wouldn't want to spoiler anything for you, but if you're reading through all the previews released today you'll find out more about how she returned this time. ;)
Also, I'm noticing that some of the "once a cosm" aspects of the books are missing, like the "Free Zone" and any sort of NPCs that could potentially replace Uthorion. Is that intentional?

The section on Drakacanus (Aysle SB P100) mentions some of the Dark Crown's potential replacements for Uthorion.
Glitchfinder General

Eightybrains

Postby Eightybrains » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:11 pm

Wotan wrote:Pretty confident this isn't canon anymore. I wouldn't want to spoiler anything for you, but if you're reading through all the previews released today you'll find out more about how she returned this time.

Yeah I just now got to that part of the mega-adventure. It's a damn shame too, I actually really liked that subplot. Ahh well, I'm already ignoring every time Tolwyn and Pella get called "friends", what's one more thing to change from the canon! :lol:
I’m just here ‘cause it’s my Special Interest

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:00 pm

Eightybrains wrote:I don't know if I missed this in the books, but is it still canon that Tolwyn returned from the dead by possessing the comatose body of Wendy Miller? Also, I'm noticing that some of the "once a cosm" aspects of the books are missing, like the "Free Zone" and any sort of NPCs that could potentially replace Uthorion. Is that intentional?

Tolwyn did not return from the dead through Wendy Miller.

As for the free zone, we might select one later that we won’t touch.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Doomweber

Postby Doomweber » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Not a true question, but after reading through the book, and making comments to my wife, I felt I needed to share her response. "OK, so when can we attach the Levitator to the Landship? We need a party boat. Get the DJ from the Living Land to "bring the beats" and its how all knights need to travel."

Actual question for verification. When a knight disconnects with a magical weapon that the current cosm supports (Say a long sword in Core earth), does the knight just lose the magical bonus or does the whole item phase out?

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:40 am

Hey Folks,

I only super fast skimmed the Aysle DC missons, but I didn't come across a Nile Talisman (ala Light's out Kali Station, Food for Thoth and....the LL one about the bluespines). The question is this, did I miss it? If not will there be more official appearances of the Talismans or this something that has been seeded but we should feel free to run with on our own now?

Thanks!

Graethynne

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:52 am

Doomweber wrote:Not a true question, but after reading through the book, and making comments to my wife, I felt I needed to share her response. "OK, so when can we attach the Levitator to the Landship? We need a party boat. Get the DJ from the Living Land to "bring the beats" and its how all knights need to travel."

Actual question for verification. When a knight disconnects with a magical weapon that the current cosm supports (Say a long sword in Core earth), does the knight just lose the magical bonus or does the whole item phase out?

The whole item does.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:03 am

graethynne wrote:Hey Folks,

I only super fast skimmed the Aysle DC missons, but I didn't come across a Nile Talisman (ala Light's out Kali Station, Food for Thoth and....the LL one about the bluespines). The question is this, did I miss it? If not will there be more official appearances of the Talismans or this something that has been seeded but we should feel free to run with on our own now?

Thanks!

Graethynne

I think that was something John Terra was running with. Wasn’t anything we officiall were.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:08 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
graethynne wrote:Hey Folks,

Thanks!

Graethynne

I think that was something John Terra was running with. Wasn’t anything we officiall were.

Gotcha, thanks! I just double checked John's adventure in this book (fun read, btw) and I don't see a talisman there. Does he read the boards? Just wondering if he plans to pick them back up or if he's moved on from them (before I start hatching my plans).

Graethynne

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”