Aysle setting Q&A thread

TorgHacker

Re: Aysle setting Q&A thread

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:45 pm

graethynne wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
graethynne wrote:Hey Folks,

I only super fast skimmed the Aysle DC missons, but I didn't come across a Nile Talisman (ala Light's out Kali Station, Food for Thoth and....the LL one about the bluespines). The question is this, did I miss it? If not will there be more official appearances of the Talismans or this something that has been seeded but we should feel free to run with on our own now?

Thanks!

Graethynne

I think that was something John Terra was running with. Wasn’t anything we officiall were.

Gotcha, thanks! I just double checked John's adventure in this book (fun read, btw) and I don't see a talisman there. Does he read the boards? Just wondering if he plans to pick them back up or if he's moved on from them (before I start hatching my plans).

Graethynne

No idea. Sorry.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:04 am

TorgHacker wrote:
graethynne wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
I think that was something John Terra was running with. Wasn’t anything we officiall were.

Gotcha, thanks! I just double checked John's adventure in this book (fun read, btw) and I don't see a talisman there. Does he read the boards? Just wondering if he plans to pick them back up or if he's moved on from them (before I start hatching my plans).

Graethynne

No idea. Sorry.

No worries, thanks for letting me know :)

FrankG

Postby FrankG » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:50 am

The description of Clankers in the Reality section seems to differ from the description in the Threats section. Or at least my interpretation of the descriptions does.

From Reality:

• loud, semi-mechanical things
  • They are an assemblage of all manner of inanimate object, forming a loose skeletal-like frame, typically with a pair of arms and legs and a make-shift head
  • The composition of the creatures is due to the availability of objects where they first form

From Threats:

• Large metal statues are the most common subjects, but other vaguely humanoid shapes have “come to life” as well, including vehicle wreckage!

Does the Threat section literally mean "statues?" Like a single metal statue could become a clanker? Or is that something else?
Check out my new adventure: The Cape May Tribe - A three act adventure set in The Living Land

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:06 am

Weren't there statues that came to life in the Day One adventure?

Atama

Postby Atama » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Weren't there statues that came to life in the Day One adventure?

I think they were bronze lion statues.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

coyotegrey

Postby coyotegrey » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Some intro text seems to be missing here and there (or maybe I missed it):

• The world of Aysle itself. Reference is made to upper Aysle and lower Aysle, there is some explanation of how the Land Between connects the two sides of the flat world, but it isn't really explained. I get the feeling that lower might be all Darkness and upper might be all Light. I can't find where this is actually explained though.
  • What is a Corsair? This is not explained. We get explanations of what they are doing, but not who they are or what makes them different from sailors, etc. Ditto with wights. Are they just undead elves? I don't think I saw that spelled out. It was hinted in the MRB I think.
  • Who is Elmir? Is he the god of elves? I think an intro paragraph is missing. It explains what he does or feels but not who he is. Side note about gods here...I love that there is an explanation about how they feel about the High Lord (under the darkness device, IIRC). That always confuses me when playing.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:38 pm

coyotegrey wrote:Some intro text seems to be missing here and there (or maybe I missed it):

• The world of Aysle itself. Reference is made to upper Aysle and lower Aysle, there is some explanation of how the Land Between connects the two sides of the flat world, but it isn't really explained. I get the feeling that lower might be all Darkness and upper might be all Light. I can't find where this is actually explained though.
  • What is a Corsair? This is not explained. We get explanations of what they are doing, but not who they are or what makes them different from sailors, etc. Ditto with wights. Are they just undead elves? I don't think I saw that spelled out. It was hinted in the MRB I think.
  • Who is Elmir? Is he the god of elves? I think an intro paragraph is missing. It explains what he does or feels but not who he is. Side note about gods here...I love that there is an explanation about how they feel about the High Lord (under the darkness device, IIRC). That always confuses me when playing.

A corsair is synonymous with a pirate. It comes from the French. They were different from normal Pirates, because they were state sanctioned.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Atama

Postby Atama » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:53 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
coyotegrey wrote:Some intro text seems to be missing here and there (or maybe I missed it):

A corsair is synonymous with a pirate. It comes from the French. They were different from normal Pirates, because they were state sanctioned.

Yeah, it’s the French name for a privateer.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:04 am

A few lines about Corsair internal politics would have been nice, since they seem to be very different from Aylish society.

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:28 am

Istrian wrote:A few lines about Corsair internal politics would have been nice, since they seem to be very different from Aylish society.

There's a few paragraphs about the Corsairs on P80-81, in the Isle of Man section.
Glitchfinder General

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”