My summary of the Torg setting

pkitty

My summary of the Torg setting

Postby pkitty » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:38 am

I'm getting ready to start my Torg game and created a summary to explain the setting to my players. I'd love feedback, particularly if anything seems wrong or off:

http://mygurps.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main.To ... tyOverview

(Warning: The wiki layout seems to look weird in Internet Explorer, sorry.)

Note that my mandate here is (A) a few paragraphs on the setting as a whole, (B) a very short entry for each cosm, and then (C) a few paragraphs on the system, focusing on what makes Torg Eternity unique compared to other RPGs. Also a disclaimer that I lifted a chunk of the first section from elsewhere.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

GeniusCodeMonkey

Re: My summary of the Torg setting

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:36 am

You mention that gospogs are only in Orrosh; I'm not sure if this was intentional as part of a surprise to the players later, but gospogs are in all realms; a 'present' by the Gaunt Man to the other High Lords.

Also in the Tharkold section you write .. ' though in in[sic] an advanced social '. You have 'in' twice :)

Other than that, I like it :).
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54 pm

I really like it. I think you did a Really good job here.

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:28 am

Thanks! Note that, for the gospog, it was intentional that I mentioned them in the same breath as Orrorsh since that's their home/source, but not to say or imply that they can't be found elsewhere. I've tweaked the page slightly.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”