Aysle Backer Archetypes

Zackzenobi

Re: Aysle Backer Archetypes

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Has anyone else read any of the Mithgar Novels by Dennis Mckiernan? I loved his take on Halflings. He called them Warrows. The ones that became adventurers tended to be the ones that trained their when lives to guard the borders of their lands from Wolves. So they were trained as expert Archers. Always liked that idea.

Halfling Deadshot Archers

ZorValachan

Postby ZorValachan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:17 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Has anyone else read any of the Mithgar Novels by Dennis Mckiernan? I loved his take on Halflings. He called them Warrows. The ones that became adventurers tended to be the ones that trained their when lives to guard the borders of their lands from Wolves. So they were trained as expert Archers. Always liked that idea.

Yes. I hate halflings. Love warrows. Iron Tower had the best IMO
- Leamon Crafton Jr.
Infiniverse Exchange author:

The Paraverse: An entire alternate Cosmverse
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/237607/

The Knights of the Road: Archtypes designed as a Storm Knight group
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228365/

Atama

Postby Atama » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:43 am

Zackzenobi wrote:Has anyone else read any of the Mithgar Novels by Dennis Mckiernan? I loved his take on Halflings. He called them Warrows. The ones that became adventurers tended to be the ones that trained their when lives to guard the borders of their lands from Wolves. So they were trained as expert Archers. Always liked that idea.

That’s right out of Tolkien. In the Shire, they had “Bounders” who patrolled their land’s boundaries (hence the name). Unlike other hobbits, they were not complacent and kept a constant vigil for threats from the outside. Wolves, goblins, bandits, and so on. They were one reason why the Shire was as peaceful as it was.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

rlrapp

Postby rlrapp » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:29 pm

QuarrelBlue wrote:*)Football/Rugby player
"What came from the playing fields of Eton has defeated Napoleon. And will do the same on Uthorion." An athlete with high Maneuver and keen tactical mind.

Sounds pretty similar to the Hockey Enforcer from the LL archetypes.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:25 am

pkitty wrote:I want to see a Keefee "Haroo" who explored the tunnels from Merretika to Aysle and now is mistaken by all of the Aylish for a hobbit.

ZorValachan wrote:Yes. I hate halflings. Love warrows. Iron Tower had the best IMO
Atama wrote:That’s right out of Tolkien. In the Shire, they had “Bounders” who patrolled their land’s boundaries (hence the name). Unlike other hobbits, they were not complacent and kept a constant vigil for threats from the outside. Wolves, goblins, bandits, and so on. They were one reason why the Shire was as peaceful as it was.

For Ayslish "Small Folks", oTorg had gnomes and kobolds(and Irish leprechauns).
Of course you can introduce new races as you want for Backer Archetype, but if existing races can fit the role, repurposing them can make things simpler.
(Maybe Warrows of the Mithgar can be more like fey or fairies in Aysle...)

rlrapp wrote:
QuarrelBlue wrote:*)Football/Rugby player
"What came from the playing fields of Eton has defeated Napoleon. And will do the same on Uthorion." An athlete with high Maneuver and keen tactical mind.

Sounds pretty similar to the Hockey Enforcer from the LL archetypes.

Actually the idea came from there, and differenciated with "the playing fields of Eton" concept. He's(by default) a young British gentleman athlete, with emphasis on Dexterity and Mind rather than sheer Sterngth of the Enforcer.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:26 pm

So far I've been failing the late pledge for the Champion seat(and waiting for any situation update to see if any chance left), but how is the progress of you successful Champion and Royalty backers?
Are Backer Archtypes gone to the print? Or is there still any issue that some hands can help?

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Etan Krel wrote:An edeinos wizard of course.

Gervaise ?

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:11 am

QuarrelBlue wrote:So far I've been failing the late pledge for the Champion seat(and waiting for any situation update to see if any chance left), but how is the progress of you successful Champion and Royalty backers?
Are Backer Archtypes gone to the print? Or is there still any issue that some hands can help?

I have been communicating w Darrell. He likes my Archetype concept and Perk. I am currently putting together the art references for the artist. I have had problems w my computer lately.

This being my third one I have done, I can tell you that this is on pace with the others. It usually takes a 6-8 weeks of back and forth. He has 16 different backers to correspond with. They all have full time jobs. Invariably the artist needs to make at least one change along the way. Plus Darrell has 100 other things for Torg to do.

But I must say I love the process. :D

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:34 am

Zackzenobi wrote:I have been communicating w Darrell. He likes my Archetype concept and Perk. I am currently putting together the art references for the artist. I have had problems w my computer lately.

This being my third one I have done, I can tell you that this is on pace with the others. It usually takes a 6-8 weeks of back and forth. He has 16 different backers to correspond with. They all have full time jobs. Invariably the artist needs to make at least one change along the way. Plus Darrell has 100 other things for Torg to do.

But I must say I love the process. :D

I had been just confused because Champion seats still vacant for Late-Pledge was something unprecedented and there seem to be nothing stating the deadline for them. Now I'm doomed but thanks for all the information anyway, and I wish you all the legendary Backers (and your computer) good luck.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:15 pm

Coming to the end of the process of my Backer Archetype creation w Darrell, I am really stoked to see what everyone else came up with.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”