Aysle Backer Archetypes

Zackzenobi

Re: Aysle Backer Archetypes

Postby Zackzenobi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:16 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Transformed MI6/MI5 agent.
MI6 agent (a. la James Bond)

Oooh that's a really cool idea! I wish I had thought of that.

Does he trade in his Walther PPK for a wand?

Does he have some kind of new Perk specializing in Consumable Magic Items? The Aysle version of Hi-tech gadgets.

I would probably put the Wiles Perk on his/her Advancement track. That's the new Perk from The Mysterious Lady Perk in the Nile Backer Archetypes. She spends a Possibility to add a +5 to Charisma for a single test against a single target. Good for getting solid intel!

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:08 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Transformed MI6/MI5 agent.
MI6 agent (a. la James Bond)

Oooh that's a really cool idea! I wish I had thought of that.

Does he trade in his Walther PPK for a wand?

Does he have some kind of new Perk specializing in Consumable Magic Items? The Aysle version of Hi-tech gadgets.

I would probably put the Wiles Perk on his/her Advancement track. That's the new Perk from The Mysterious Lady Perk in the Nile Backer Archetypes. She spends a Possibility to add a +5 to Charisma for a single test against a single target. Good for getting solid intel!

I would say for Aylish Bond, he isn’t a mage at all. He’s heavy on the Charisma stat, with decent Dexterity. He should have a sling as his primary weapon, and also some darts he can hurl. (Small, low damage weapons easy to conceal.) But his Missile Weapons training is sufficient that he can also pick up a long bow or crossbow if the situation demands.

He’d also have reasonable Unarmed skill too.

His main skills would be Persuasion and Streetwise. He can blend in well at court, and is very dashing in his hose and doublet, but he also knows his way around underworld figures in Aysle.

Although not a mage, he does carry some magical devices on him, provided by an enchanter known only as “Q”.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

mathey

Postby mathey » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Bond is a rogue, natch.

Atama

Postby Atama » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:19 pm

mathey wrote:Bond is a rogue, natch.

Damn I forgot Stealth and Skullduggery. Those are a must. :)
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:25 pm

I would definitely give him the dagger draw gloves off of page 56

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:20 am

Back in the Living City days of AD&D, I made a Maxwell Smart/James Bond ripoff. He had the “shoe phone” from Get Smart, but since it was AD&D, they were really just boots with a length of string between them.

I could see a transformed Mi6 not necessarily relying on spells (though they could) but certainly focusing on a lot of gadgets of the magical variety. A lantern that explodes when you throw it. Cufflinks that act like the bullet spell. A self-propelled carriage that turns itself and its occupants invisible. But that could be a lot of new stuff to put on a character sheet.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:10 pm

I'm sensing a Perk like an Aylish version of Nile Gadgeteer.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:I'm sensing a Perk like an Aylish version of Nile Gadgeteer.

I've been tinkering with a dwarven version of that perk for an infiniverse product. Still trying to decide if it's a bit "much" or not...

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:
QuarrelBlue wrote:*)Minotaur Mauler
Recently found that Dark forces are exploiting you. A powerful warrior with horn lunge, tough hide, frightening bellow, and/or burden-bearing body.
*)Fairy Doctor
An expert of Core Earth magical beings which came back to high-magic realm(and learning about magical beings from invading cosms). Good at dealing with them, and some "gift" from the Seelie Court can be useful on more mundane adventure.

These are my favorites. :D

Thanks. To tell the truth my main plan is Alraune(I think plant/tentacled heroes are new to Torg, and just came up with some cinematic Moment of Crisis when bad guys fed her a mortally-wounded soldier), but I take notice of your opinion for a backup plan, and, more importantly, am more than willing to help when anybody wants to adopt any of these plan.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:I'm sensing a Perk like an Aylish version of Nile Gadgeteer.

I've been tinkering with a dwarven version of that perk for an infiniverse product. Still trying to decide if it's a bit "much" or not...

Well Bond doesnt really make his gadgets. Maybe it could be a Perk that gives him a bonus to requisitioning Magical Consumables. He could get new ones at the start of each scene.

He could even have them delivered in the field like Q does!

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”