What do you want to know about the Cyberpapacy

Zackzenobi

Re: What do you want to know about the Cyberpapacy

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 am

I'm hoping The Children of the Fallen still exist.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:11 pm

HappyDaze wrote:I'd like to know more about the demons of the Cyberpapacy. IIRC, they are enemies of the state (even though they have been manipulated by the Cyberpope or his DD), but what are they like, what do they want, and can they be used against the CP?

This is were we find out that the demons aren't evil and just forcibly pulled from their home dimension, coming through confused and angry.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
HappyDaze wrote:I'd like to know more about the demons of the Cyberpapacy. IIRC, they are enemies of the state (even though they have been manipulated by the Cyberpope or his DD), but what are they like, what do they want, and can they be used against the CP?

This is were we find out that the demons aren't evil and just forcibly pulled from their home dimension, coming through confused and angry.

As a matter of fact, I have a spokedemon on hand who can fill you in on all of these matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAUAA8jkF4k

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 am

I'm not sure it qualifies as a Warzone but it seems a significant type of conflict to me: the theological side. I'd like to know the main differences between Malraux's Bible and the Core Earth Bible to see the main points of friction between the communities. I'd also like to read more about the internal disagreements about Malraux's Bible and the various denominations that exist as a result, also how far they are willing to go to oppose the main group.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Will there be room for Religious Conspiracy adventures in the vein of The Da Vinci Code?

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:49 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Will there be room for Religious Conspiracy adventures in the vein of The Da Vinci Code?

Will there be room for religious conspiracies and crypto-archaeology in a realm powered by faith, with the world being filled with objects of great power, hidden away in exotic locations, that require clever heroes to unravel mysteries and globetrot one step ahead of those who would sieze those items for nefarious purpose?

Good question! Good question...

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:36 am

Less teasingly, if you've never had Stormers and Cyberpapal agents chasing a Nile Deuce and a Half through a vine-covered New York City, both trying to recover the Eternity Shard that the Stormtroopers have hidden on it, while it plows through parked cars with a weird science magnetic-repelling cow-catcher welded to the front of the truck, with the Stormers and Cyberpapists zipping around in rebuilt junkers and motorcycles, leaping from one vehicle to another while blasting away with guns, lasers, and grenades, with the noise then attracting a flight of lakten-riding Edeinos, adding another layer of difficulty as the final destination, a submarine ready to whisk it away to Moebius lurks at the docks, where one Stormer does a powerslide of their motorcycle under a Brontosaurous which a Cyberbike crashes into and explodes...

Well, are you even playing Torg?

This kind of thing is *awesome*!

HappyDaze

Postby HappyDaze » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:05 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:

I would be disappointed with that. I'd prefer the demons to be evil and a threat to the Cyberpapacy for an evil vs. evil mix. Of course, then the demons might be too similar to Tharkoldu, so perhaps something different is in order. If they do go with "victimized" demons, perhaps a fugitive demon would be a PC option (like a witch but more extreme)?

Atama

Postby Atama » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Then you could have a department in the Delphi Council called the Demon Rights Committee.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:22 pm

HappyDaze wrote:
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:

I would be disappointed with that. I'd prefer the demons to be evil and a threat to the Cyberpapacy for an evil vs. evil mix. Of course, then the demons might be too similar to Tharkoldu, so perhaps something different is in order. If they do go with "victimized" demons, perhaps a fugitive demon would be a PC option (like a witch but more extreme)?

Demons are evil.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”