Things you'd like to know about Tharkold

Wakshani

Re: Things you'd like to know about Tharkold

Postby Wakshani » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:59 am

Synthcyclers always remind me of the "hungry city" from pearl Jam's "Do the evolution" video, where it just sends out tendrils to suck up water, gather wood, shovel coal into its face … just consumeconsumeCONSUME.

And I dig that.

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:32 am

There’s an interesting episode of Electric Dreams where basically an Amazon clone has an automated factory that continues to operate after some holocaust happens. I forget the details unfortunately. Maybe it was never revealed.

But the factory keeps on churning out consumer goods and delivers them to nearby tribes. Meanwhile, its automatons ravage the natural resources, depriving the tribes of clean water and hunting grounds. In return, it dumps hairbrushes and cat toys on the starving populace.

That could be an interesting “villain” in Tharkold. A malfunctioning AI that consumes wood, metal, and organics. Meanwhile it spits lipstick and car fresheners across the countryside.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Do Technodemons drive cars?

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:55 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:Do Technodemons drive cars?

No, not very fuel-efficient in terms of single-demon occupancy.Resources are rare in the post-apocalypse after all.

They stick to motorcycles.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:17 am

How does the Law of Domination work on a day to day basis?

What are Kanrods plans for expansion? Australia seems the obvious choice for post apocalyptic worlds, but there aren't a lot of people so there isn't a lot of possibilities. But, Australia is big on mining and Ayers Rock is a national treasure; so I do wonder if Ayers Rock could be mined for eternium/possibilities?
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

cloudshaper2k

Postby cloudshaper2k » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:55 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:How does the Law of Domination work on a day to day basis?

What are Kanrods plans for expansion? Australia seems the obvious choice for post apocalyptic worlds, but there aren't a lot of people so there isn't a lot of possibilities. But, Australia is big on mining and Ayers Rock is a national treasure; so I do wonder if Ayers Rock could be mined for eternium/possibilities?

Based on location, I suspect Austrailia is either slated for invasion by Orrosh or Pan Pacifica. Of course, we all know the High Lords will eventually violate the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Thratchen decided to explore the potential for his realm in the Outback.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:39 pm

cloudshaper2k wrote:
GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:How does the Law of Domination work on a day to day basis?

Based on location, I suspect Austrailia is either slated for invasion by Orrosh or Pan Pacifica. Of course, we all know the High Lords will eventually violate the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Thratchen decided to explore the potential for his realm in the Outback.

Being able to drop dim threads and bridges anywhere makes location pointless. Unless the DD needs to be within the bounds of the steale network to collect possibilities; the network doesn't need to be connected. So location doesn't matter, but stories, history and fiction matter more to strengthen the realities.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:55 pm

To a degree true, but a Bridge is a MAJOR investment of Possibilities that isn't made lightly (Kaah's multi-bridges are seen as utter madness by the other lords... exactly as he planned) while Dimthreads only allow a handful of people to travel... a half dozen at a time or so, and also cost energy. By the time you'd moved the ten thousand people that way, it would have been more efficient (by far!) to use a Bridge.

There's always a cost/benefit analysis to be done. Kanawa and the Gaunt Man did *astoundingly* well with their drops, then Kaah. After that, you have several all grappling over the fourth largest pie, then Mo as the only one chewing on Africa.

Honestly, if Karnod was still alive, he'd have been best off "Nope!"ing his way off-planet instead of throwing good Possibilities after bad and finding someone else to invade. He's got the juiciest parts of Russia, plus Belarus and Poland, but after that? Yikes.

cloudshaper2k

Postby cloudshaper2k » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:19 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
cloudshaper2k wrote:Based on location, I suspect Austrailia is either slated for invasion by Orrosh or Pan Pacifica. Of course, we all know the High Lords will eventually violate the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Thratchen decided to explore the potential for his realm in the Outback.

Being able to drop dim threads and bridges anywhere makes location pointless. Unless the DD needs to be within the bounds of the steale network to collect possibilities; the network doesn't need to be connected. So location doesn't matter, but stories, history and fiction matter more to strengthen the realities.

I wasn't referring to the ability to drop bridges, but the territory deal between the High Lords prior to the invasion. I don't know that we've been told which of the High Lords claimed the right to invade Austrailia.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:50 am

Didn't the GM Beta Primer make mention of a Pan Pacifica "Abnormal" attack and subsequent quarantine on Sydney?

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”