Things you'd like to know about Pan-Pacifica

GeniusCodeMonkey

Re: Things you'd like to know about Pan-Pacifica

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:19 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Psionic tech devices. Tech level says they are possible. Law of Profit would make it possible.

Fitting in with the biotech theme, I would say drugs would be involved al. la. Akira.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:53 pm

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:Psionic tech devices. Tech level says they are possible. Law of Profit would make it possible.

Fitting in with the biotech theme, I would say drugs would be involved al. la. Akira.

And this is why there won't be drugs in the Cyberpapacy. Instead we focus more on what makes the Cyberpapacy special.

There are a few things that many people might wonder "Why isn't X in the Cyberpapacy?" It's because it's going to be something that's featured in Pan-Pacifica instead.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:37 pm

And I woke up from a nap with my head screaming at me for something that will never happen.

A boy band, made up of late-stage Gospog that can pass for human, called "Kash Krop".

Remember kids! Not all ideas are good ones!

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:53 am

I would like to see a peice of equipment for Kanawa Security Forces called an automed/injector. It would be something where you put 3(?) drugs in and you can then inject yourself as a free action or be injected in certain conditions.

# Iyasu - Heal. Once per scene gives you nanite healing meds (heals 1 wound and all shock - automatically injects when you take your first wound).
# Hayai - fast. A combination of speed and adrenaline that's makes defense tests favoured for 3 rounds and ignores shock for 3 rounds*
# Ishi - Stone. A combination drugs that effects the nerve endings allowing you to ignore wound penalties for 3 rounds*
# Kuki - Breath. Distilled from certain LL plants, this drug allows you to breath underwater.
# Shinryaku - Agression. Melee and unarmed attacks become favoured for 3 rounds*
# Ochitsuita - Calm. Fire combat and energy weapons become favoured for 3 rounds*
# Kangaeru - Think. Evidence Analysis and Find test become favoured for the remainder of the scene.
# Ugoku - Move. Kenisis becomes favoured for 3 rounds*
# Yumo - Read. Telepathy becomes favoured for 3 rounds*

* These drugs have a penalty of taking 2 shock when they were off.

Multiple applications reduce the duration by 1 round, whilst still taking the full penalties.

Different drugs (effecting magic skills?) and more powerful versions could become available in Tharkold, with cyberware replacing the need in Cyberpapacy.
Question everything.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:56 pm

I assume you have something for 'salarymen' and what it means to be one? Long hours, presents for the boss when you want a promotion etc. I would think that the Law of Intrigue gets pretty hot with office politics.
Question everything.

LexAmissa

Postby LexAmissa » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Exactly what kind of jiangshi experiments do those dogs come from though? That would be creepy. Promised use - degenerate into infected

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:35 am

Some things I feel I need to know...

*)Fake News(with hatemongering that always come along) and how Kanawa Corporation(and occasionaly Delphi Council?) exploit it, and how Storm Knights action can change the situation.
As the Reality of Intrigue there will be lots of propaganda and social manipulation. and with quick-spreading online demagoguery an average citizen can easily be mobilized into mass online harassment, baseless soical ostracism, or even lynching mob.
Saving victims of mass smear campaign(who often know some inconvinient truth about Kanawa Corporation) will be a worthy challange for Storm Knights, and how this will be done under Social Axiom 24 will be an important issue.

*)"MONEY TALKS" and practical use of wealth for action-oriented social maneuvering.
Corporate Wars rule may be a bit too strategic for the action-oriented gameplay of TorgE, but Pan-Pacifica is still an ultracapitalist Reality and some clever off-screen money use will be perfectly suitable option for businessperson-themed characters.
Some social power(contacts, contractors, memberships, privileges...) can be bought as Gear and will be a way for Wealthy characters to spend the Gear budget other than obtaining ridiculous amount of weaponry.
(Impoverished characters can also be good canditates for some of such "gears", lacking material wealth but armed with social connections)
And there may be Perks(with Wealthy as a prerequisite) representing some financial power to affect action(political/economic action against enemy supplies to cause a sudden Villains Setback, for example).

*)Realm expansion toward other Pacific nations and environment of newly-invaded tropic area.
The name Pan-Pacifica suggests intention of expanding toward other Pacific nations, and Beta Primer map says Pan-Pacifica has invaded Thailand, Laos, VietNam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, and reaching Indonesia.
This will add some new terrain and environment to the Realm, but what does it look like? Rural villages suddenly turned to industorial complex? Ruthless deforestation and eco-guerilla warfare? Polluted mangrove infested with biopunk horrors?
And what kind of heroes and villains can emerge from there?

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Type of biological experiments Kanawa are upto a d what have been their successes AND failures.
Question everything.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”