Things you'd like to know about the Nile Empire.

Wakshani

Things you'd like to know about the Nile Empire.

Postby Wakshani » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:06 am

You know, the threads have been big hits and, even tho the books are out, there may well be some interesting stuff that people want to know about, so, let's talk a walk through the Nile Empire and see what, if anything, you're curious about. Maybe you want to know what color Mobius' eyes are, maybe you want to know more about some nugget of info on page 43, maybe you're really into the Red Hand and want a future ebook to be written about him and his operations, I dunno.

But here's a place to float general questions about the Nile Empire. As usual, this is about the story, information, etc, *not* the rules. We're talking the setting, the people, and so on, not how this perk works or why anyone would take that miracle.

Zackzenobi

Re: Things you'd like to know about the Nile Empire.

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:08 am

Are the Magisters of Doom still around? I loved them!

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:45 pm

How do villain groups get setup? Is there an underground for villain meetups? Henchman swaps? Gadget selling? I'm sure there must be...
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

cloudshaper2k

Postby cloudshaper2k » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:43 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:How do villain groups get setup? Is there an underground for villain meetups? Henchman swaps? Gadget selling? I'm sure there must be...

My first thought was VillainCon. But that's too cheesy.

However, cleverly coded personal ads in the papers could work.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:44 pm

You network via henchmen.

You know, those disposable thugs that every good villain keeps around for menial work?

Yeah, they get around. See, one week, the guy's wearing a shirt that says "Rex" and is henching for Dog Woman (Spay your catgirls!) where she says "Sic 'em, boys!" and he does so, gets punched around by the CLockmaker, winds up in jail for a bit, but he gets out soon (Clockmaker never shows up to press charges and the main villain's important, who cares about henchmen?) so he winds up working for The Hourglass as a generic barechested Egyptian guy. When that falls apart, he thugs for a few weeks, then winds up as "Knuckles" for 88 Keyes the PO'd Pianist, and so on.

You want to know about Dockside Charlie? Yeah, I used to work for him. Good guy with a bum eye. His stories go on too long and they're giant fish tales, so you know they ain't true, but he pays good (gold coins!) and he never done us wrong. I can hook you's up if'n you's want.

Midnight Owl? Stuck up, laughs at his own jokes, will sell you out in a minute … make sure you get paid up front.

Firefist? Talks a tough game but he wouldn't hurt a fly. Just does arson jobs and scares people, but don't tell him I told you that.

Red Velvet? Yeah, I can set up a meeting but, just between you and me? She's a doll moll, ifyouknowwhatImean, so you might get a working relationship but dat's it.

Henchmen know *everybody* because ethey work for everybody, get punched/kicked by the heroes, and know which cops will take a bribe and which ones you gotta watch out for. They're training wheels for villains and if you treat 'em right, they'll treat you back.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:22 am

I am mildly curious about potential tunnels/catacombs that might be known to connect to Aysle's Land Below.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:41 am

The benefit of NOT wearing the mask.
The Law of Mask protects masked heroes and villains from identity expose and even physical harm, but I suppose not all of them wear the mask, even before the Possibility Wars(and encounter with other Realities without the Law of Mask). So what keeps non-masked heroes and villains from wearing the mask, other than the cost of 10 dollers?
(And I wonder why average citizen and soldiers don't wear the mask just for safety, but maybe the Law of Heroism have some explanations...)

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:00 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:How do villain groups get setup? Is there an underground for villain meetups? Henchman swaps? Gadget selling? I'm sure there must be...

oTorg had Icarus Club, a front for a "crime exchange'", in Cairo.
(They say there is a story about the Club in Mysterious Cairo novel...)
If it Is still there in TorgE, you will find the exact solution for that...

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”