Comparing Known High Lords

mrroderick

Comparing Known High Lords

Postby mrroderick » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 am

As I work on my home game, I am building profiles for the high lords not yet published, and I decided to put the three we have (Kaah, Mobius, Uthorion) into the spreadsheet I use to track all NPCs. I noticed a few things and wanted to see if anyone else had similar thoughts....

Attributes
Kaah: 77
Mobius: 80
Uthorion: 77

Skill Adds
Kaah: 105
Mobius: 88
Uthorion: 63

All of them have Dimthreads & Dread (to be expected) as well as theme-appropriate special abilities. However, Uthorion does NOT have Second Wind.

Between not having that NEARLY the amount of skill points the other two have, I am wondering... is he "weak sauce" compared to Kaah and Mobius?

Gargoyle

Re: Comparing Known High Lords

Postby Gargoyle » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:52 am

By the numbers, I suppose he is weaker. But I don't see a problem with that.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:16 am

Uthorion has the ability to take over a new body (see Drakacanus special ability) which is arguably better than Second Wind.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Uthorian's also *dripping* with spells, which means he spent a whole lot of XP on the Spellcaster feat.

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:31 pm

In addition Kaah and Mobius are "hands-on" High Lords: they could be met by a PC group at any time. They need Second Wind to survive the encounter :P

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Istrian wrote:In addition Kaah and Mobius are "hands-on" High Lords: they could be met by a PC group at any time. They need Second Wind to survive the encounter :P

So, of the seven High Lords, how would you rate them in terms of "Most hands on" to "Least hands on"? Which one's most likely to be in punching ranges of a Storm Knight and which one's like, "Dude. I have henchmen for a reason."

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Wakshani wrote:
Istrian wrote:In addition Kaah and Mobius are "hands-on" High Lords: they could be met by a PC group at any time. They need Second Wind to survive the encounter :P

So, of the seven High Lords, how would you rate them in terms of "Most hands on" to "Least hands on"? Which one's most likely to be in punching ranges of a Storm Knight and which one's like, "Dude. I have henchmen for a reason."

I mean the Living Land book makes a point of saying that Kaah gets into it, one of the cosm cards even has a chance for him to show up.

Personally I'd rank it: Kaah > Mobius > Kranod > Uthorion > Malreaux > Gaunt Man > Kanawas

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:48 pm

Greymarch2000 wrote:Personally I'd rank it: Kaah > Mobius > Kranod > Uthorion > Malreaux > Gaunt Man > Kanawas

Likewise. I'd even go a step further and put the last three on a separate list. Malreaux probably just briefs his cardinals and prays God(Net). The Kanawas push buttons on the stock market and let whoever it impacts deal with it. And Old Gauntie fine-tuned Orrorsh to basically run on its own so he can focus on foiling his DD's plans.

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:35 pm

I'm not sure if I'd put Malreaux or Kanawa at the tail end, but they'd both be under the Gaunt Man, I think. GM likes to taunt his prey too much, at the very least standing on a hilltop, illuminated by lightning, while calling minions down on some hapless town.

He certainly cackles when unleashing the Carredon on people, hanging out to drink in the terror.

The Cyberpope and Kanwa are both, "I have people for that."

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:23 am

I think Kranod would be at the tail end because he's a (non-animated) corpse. Figure Jazrael would mix it up while Volkov would use minions and we just don't know enough about the Torg:E version of Thratchen. He's a demon, so probably he'd mix it up, too. But based on the Old Torg version, he's a smart demon, so he'd have backup plans and a line of retreat.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”