When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Wakshani
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby Wakshani » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:09 am

***
And I'm happy for it to go in a new direction. If the 'original ending' you refer to was the War's End debacle, then it's literally not possible for it not to be better than that. Literally anything would be better than having the PCs sit around while watching the NPCs finish the story for them.
***

You know, if you ever want, I can write way worse endings for you. Like 3327 being drug off by market security while the Free Credit Report guys serenade him off, or the Gaunt man finding a puppy in the middle of a murder spree, locks eyes with it's big ol' puppy eyes, has his heart grow three sizes, and starts reversing his cosm, distributing rainbows and flowers to everyone he sees with joy in his heart and a smile in his eyes.

I'm not afraid of any challenge!

User avatar
Here Comes The Flood
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby Here Comes The Flood » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:32 am

Wakshani wrote:***
And I'm happy for it to go in a new direction. If the 'original ending' you refer to was the War's End debacle, then it's literally not possible for it not to be better than that. Literally anything would be better than having the PCs sit around while watching the NPCs finish the story for them.
***
You know, if you ever want, I can write way worse endings for you. Like 3327 being drug off by market security while the Free Credit Report guys serenade him off, or the Gaunt man finding a puppy in the middle of a murder spree, locks eyes with it's big ol' puppy eyes, has his heart grow three sizes, and starts reversing his cosm, distributing rainbows and flowers to everyone he sees with joy in his heart and a smile in his eyes.
I'm not afraid of any challenge!


That's still a better love story game ending than Twilight War's End...
“When the night shows, the signals grow on radios
All the strange things, they come and go, as early warnings…”

Zackzenobi
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 am

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby Zackzenobi » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:00 am

First I want to thank Greg Gordon for creating my Favorite IP for the last almost 30 years! This adventure is a most worthy addition to it.

My question is, shouldn't Mechopotamia have a 3rd World Law to help define its genre? Is it an Adventure Cosm? Romantic? Mystery? The completist in me wants to know a little more about it...

User avatar
Here Comes The Flood
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby Here Comes The Flood » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Does it say what Cosm the Baroness is? Or did I just miss that?
“When the night shows, the signals grow on radios
All the strange things, they come and go, as early warnings…”

User avatar
pkitty
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby pkitty » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Here Comes The Flood wrote:Does it say what Cosm the Baroness is? Or did I just miss that?


Cosm: Variable, Currently Aysle. Akasha, Core Earth, and Tharkold also possible.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

User avatar
pkitty
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby pkitty » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:11 pm

I've had a chance to quickly skim this, pausing on anything that caught my eye.

I went into this expecting, based on the name, for this to be a romp across multiple cosms. So I was (and to a certain degree still am) disappointed to find that it takes place entirely in Aysle (with a pinch of Tharkold). I wish Relics of Power wasn't the only such adventure that exists (not because it's not good, I just like options).

But man, this seems like a really cool adventure. I love the little bits of weirdness, including Klein bottles and yes the fairy godmother. Turning negotiations into a dance is brilliant and feels very "fantasy." And I really love how it explores the idea of other ways to manipulate reality, and other possibilities for cosms and a new twist in the War. There's so much flavor in this that I want to run it anyway, so I'm already planning on (fully) reading it with an eye toward adapting acts or at least scenes to other cosms.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Zackzenobi
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 am

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:51 am

Maybe I'm just missing it but I'm having problems finding exact numbers on Akashans and Mechnopotamians for the battle? I mean how big is this Research team anyway?

Zackzenobi
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:52 am

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Pg 111 when talking about the Perk Precision of Skaldi, it says she can spend a Possibility to gain a Boost Action Roll.. is that the same as a normal Possibility roll? Checked my Rulebook index, not familiar with the term.

User avatar
Atama
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby Atama » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Pg 111 when talking about the Perk Precision of Skaldi, it says she can spend a Possibility to gain a Boost Action Roll.. is that the same as a normal Possibility roll? Checked my Rulebook index, not familiar with the term.

Core Rules page 110, “Any time a character attempts an action, the player can spend a Possibility to roll another die and add it to the die roll.” It’s a boost to an action, so I think it’s just wording it strangely.

There’s no such thing as a “normal Possibility roll”. A Soak roll requires a Possibility but it’s not a boost to an action, is that not a “normal” roll?
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

User avatar
Rabbitball
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:41 pm

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby Rabbitball » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:33 pm

There is something strange going on with When Cosms Collide. Until now, every Stormer and Storm Knight has had two default uses of reality skill: Boost Action and Soak Damage. Now we have someone who doesn't fit that normal template. I will leave it up to Greg to explain whether this is the normal Boost Action that we have seen or if this is a limited form where you would need to spend a Possibility for the right to spend another Possibility to boost an action. (I hope not, but you never know until you ask. :cry: )
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering


Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests