When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

graethynne

Re: When Cosms Collide Discussion Thread

Postby graethynne » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:51 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
I do want to thank you for being enthusiastic. You're going above and beyond what most people do...but again, please understand that Greg is super-busy so a lot of these open-ended questions we just don't have the time to properly answer. They're still good to ask because it shines a light on a possible area of confusion...

But also please realize that unless your suggestions are put through to the corrections link, there's a decent chance Greg won't even see them. That system is set up specfically so we don't have to comb through multiple posts since we want to avoid having to go back and check if we've corrected something or not already.

Thanks!

Thanks Deanna! I totally understand about not bringing fans into development, any time well-meaning impassioned folks try to "help" it can go wildly off the rails on even simple stuff. And apologies for the some of the rambliness, it was getting late, and my next few days are at this point over stuffed so I was trying to beat the clock. And some of those items were complicated enough that I wasn't 100% how or even if to frame them in the submission form, but I wanted to get a light on them before things got locked for publishing. I know you all are only so many sets of eyes and proofing is nightmarish under the best of circumstances (I have clients who are astounded at what I catch for them after their X number professional editing rounds - there is literally never enough), so I am happy to help out when I can (and just feel crushingly guilty when the timing doesn't line up). And you're absolutely right a GM should be able to role with most anything I listed, my threshold for asking the question is basically - did I have to stop reading and think about it for a second? If yes, then I asked (since in 6 months or a year when I prep to run this I'd probably ask then anyway :-) )

Long story short - thank you, I'll go ahead and report the ones you noted, I appreciate you making sure I know waded through it,, even the bits that may have been less valuable.

Graethynne

Istrian

Postby Istrian » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:46 pm

Minor detail. I'm unclear on how softpoints happen. As I understand from the sidebar, a bunch of hardpoints coalesce into that. However just about every capital in the world has a lot of locations of cultural significance that can do that. More specifically, London fits the description but isn't a softpoint. It would be nice if the subject was expanded on in future material.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:05 pm

Istrian wrote:Minor detail. I'm unclear on how softpoints happen. As I understand from the sidebar, a bunch of hardpoints coalesce into that. However just about every capital in the world has a lot of locations of cultural significance that can do that. More specifically, London fits the description but isn't a softpoint. It would be nice if the subject was expanded on in future material.

It's random.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:40 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Istrian wrote:Minor detail. I'm unclear on how softpoints happen. As I understand from the sidebar, a bunch of hardpoints coalesce into that. However just about every capital in the world has a lot of locations of cultural significance that can do that. More specifically, London fits the description but isn't a softpoint. It would be nice if the subject was expanded on in future material.

It's random.

The rule of cool... when it's dramatically appropriate they happen.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”