Equilibrium - Gun Kata?

Zackzenobi

Re: Equilibrium - Gun Kata?

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Hope someone does a Backer Archetype for this. I already have something planned for Cyberpapacy and my group has a rule, only official Perks

TCArknight

Postby TCArknight » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:22 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Hope someone does a Backer Archetype for this. I already have something planned for Cyberpapacy and my group has a rule, only official Perks

I would love to do a backer archetype, but unfortunately, I’m not sure would end up with the funds for it. In lieu of that, I’d be happy to contribute these Perks for someone to use in their archetype. :)

Some slight revisions:
Gun Kata
• Prereq: Cyberpapacy or Pan-Pacifica, Mind 10+, Dodge 2+, Fire Combat 2+
This Perk, common among elite inquisitors of the Cyberchurch and some martial societies in the Pan Pacifica realm of influence, is the basis for several firearm and close combat fighting techniques.

When using one or more Pistols, Fire Combat is considered a Favored Skill. When using Active Defense, the character gains a bonus to the total value equal to their adds in Trick (minimum +1).

Guns Akimbo
• Prereq: Gun Kata
Some practitioners of the Gun Kata style of combat prefer to fight with a gun in each hand in order to offset any numerical superiority of their opponents. A pistol in each hand, firing at the same target, is also an excellent way to reduce the opponent count.

When using a Pistol in each hand, you can spend 2 Shock to ignore the first two points of a Multi-Target penalty or add a +3 bonus to Damage against a single target.

Short Training
• Prereq: Gun Kata, Dodge 3+, Fire Combat 3+, Unarmed Combat 2+
An uncommon technique of the Gun Kata involves dueling with a single opponent at a very close range. This often includes melee combat with both opponents trying to point a gun at the other and pull the trigger, while at the same time, preventing the enemy from doing the same thing.

When equipped with a Pistol, the character may use their Dodge Skill in place of Melee Weapons or Unarmed Combat skill for defending against Firearms in Melee (Core Rules, page 122). If the attacker misses, the character may spend 2 Shock to take an immediate action against that individual (usually an attack with an equipped pistol, but an unarmed attack or a grappling attack are also common actions).

Long Training
• Prereq: Gun Kata, Trick 2+
A very common technique of the Gun Kata is for avoiding gunfire from multiple targets by anticipating where their fire will be and not being in that location.

By spending 2 Shock, you may apply your Gun Kata bonus to all your defenses without taking the Active Defense action. If the Active Defense action is taken in the same round, the bonus from the roll is applied as normal.

Gun Kata Master
• Prereq: Beta Clearance, Gun Kata, two other Perks requiring Gun Kata
You are one of the masters of the Gun Kata and are looked up to by many Close Combat practitioners.

Spend 6 Shock or 1 Wound to upgrade the ability provided from one of your other Gun Kata perks.

(Guns Akimbo) Ignore the first six points of a Multi-Target penalty or add a +7 bonus to Damage against a single target.
(Short Training) +2 bonus to any associated action and no additional cost to take an additional immediate action.
(Long Training) +2 additional bonus and no additional cost to apply Gun Kata Defense bonus. In addition, may make a free maneuver roll to have opponents on opposite sides hit each other with their shots instead.

I also like the potential of these from the other thread by jhosmer1:
Return Fire
*Prereq:
Gun Kata
Once per round, when a foe misses a Gun Kata practitioner with a ranged weapon attack, the practitioner may take one Shock to immediately fire back at that opponent with a pistol.

Statistical Aiming
*Prereq:
Gun Kata
You have studied numerous statistical analysis of gun combat and can make very good guesses as to your target’s location. You can take one Shock to ignore the first 2 points of penalties from Concealment, Darkness, or Range when using a pistol.

Killer
*Prereq:
Gun Kata
Once per round, you can spend three Shock to add a Bonus Die of damage to your attacks with a pistol. This stacks with Bonus Dice from good and outstanding results.

Any and all feedback appreciated. :)

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:02 pm

I know they didnt use it in Equilibrium, but Gun Kata seems like it would really benefit from the character also knowing Parkour as well. This way they get on close easier. Has anybody looked at a Parkour Perk yet to see what it might look like?

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:38 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:I know they didnt use it in Equilibrium, but Gun Kata seems like it would really benefit from the character also knowing Parkour as well. This way they get on close easier. Has anybody looked at a Parkour Perk yet to see what it might look like?

Maneuver seems to cover most of what would be Parkour. A Parkour feat could be as simple as making maneuver tests favored under certain circumstances. Ah, it could also allow movement (i.e. the basic speed activity) under certain circumstances without requiring a maneuver action.

Grae

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”