Cyberpapacy Sourcebook!!

Zackzenobi

Cyberpapacy Sourcebook!!

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:52 pm

So the crowdfunded is live. I am super excited! This and the Nile Empire for me have always been the most unique settings for Torg. Ok I suppose the remodel of Living Land puts it in the running. But now I'm going off on tangents. Lol

What are you most excited about seeing in the new Cyberpapacy Sourcebook?

Wakshani

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook!!

Postby Wakshani » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:50 pm

I'm looking forward to (censored), and (censored), but I'm really curious what people will think about (SUPER censored) … it's one of my favorite parts!

What's that, Deanna? I can't talk about (censored) yet?

Ack.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:20 pm

No.

;)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

mathey

Postby mathey » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm

I'm eager to see what sinister toys and NPCs I can throw at my PCs when they go up against Malraux!

Also, I'm curious to see how they handle the GodNet - hacking and VR stuff is always a tricky bit in Cyberpunky games.

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:35 am

Tech. Tech and tech.

Plus the question of how they deal with artificial intelligence/beings.

Ah! And force fields seen to be quite advanced, which means they can do an awful lot, so I'm interested what they have done with that. ... anything made of matter could be made into a forcefield but contained into a small marble projector when deactivated. This could lead to some truly awesome ideas, and players with marble bags containing swords, shields, light cycles, tanks etc. Only limited to energy requirements. Think green lantern!
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

videopete

Postby videopete » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Tech. Tech and tech.

Plus the question of how they deal with artificial intelligence/beings.

Ah! And force fields seen to be quite advanced, which means they can do an awful lot, so I'm interested what they have done with that. ... anything made of matter could be made into a forcefield but contained into a small marble projector when deactivated. This could lead to some truly awesome ideas, and players with marble bags containing swords, shields, light cycles, tanks etc. Only limited to energy requirements. Think green lantern!

So capsule corp is a thing, or in areas with godnet connectivity, you can summon hardlight programs

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:47 am

I'm most interested in the locations and characters in the occupied territories.
The axiom change in the LL basically chased most people out, the one in the NE actively changed peoples beliefs.
The CP prepared people for the second coming more than the others it seems but without the NE mind alteration it will be interesting to see how the CP has dealt with those who have not accepted their new messiah.

I am expecting more rebellions and push back than in the NE, but with more ways of dealing with it.
How that pays out across the territories will prove interesting.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

darrell

Postby darrell » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:40 am

videopete wrote:So capsule corp is a thing, or in areas with godnet connectivity, you can summon hardlight programs

Which does raise the possibility of Arnold Rimmer as a PC.

Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:17 am

Rogues gallery. Monsters. Threats that can be plugged in at different places. unique pieces of technology. unique sites (in net or flesh) that can be plugged in to other adventurers.

Contacts!!! Romances!!!

Subplots, conspiracies, resistance cells.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:35 am

Right now, I'd like to know what's going on in Paris. When I GM-ed, I had the entire Quartier Latin full of Hardpoints manned by a student riot against the Cyberchurch. Sadly, my players started the razing of the Sorbonne (yeah, three of my PCs were Cyberpolice – one has recently deserted, though).

Also, I'm very interested in seeing:
  • the relations between the Cyberpapacy and the (rest of the) European Union;
  • the utopian aspects of the Cyberpapacy;
  • the Black Mirror side, which I expect we'll have!

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”