Cyberpapacy Sourcebook!!

Yoric

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook!!

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:30 am

(I must already have logged 20 reports and I'm only at page 12 – I think I'll take a break)

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 am

mistervimes wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:I may have missed an episode. Are you saying that Aysle is Coming to S America?

Armorica is the part of Europe between the Seine and the Loire rivers that includes the Brittany Peninsula.

If I recall correctly, that's where Sir Lancelot had his castle in canonical Arthurian Legend.

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:35 am

Savioronedge wrote:
The main setting for the series is an unnamed coastal village (rumoured to be inspired by Erquy) in Armorica (present-day Brittany), a province of Gaul (modern France), in the year 50 BC. Julius Caesar has conquered nearly all of Gaul for the Roman Empire. The little Armorican village, however, has held out because the villagers can gain temporary superhuman strength by drinking a magic potion brewed by the local village druid, Getafix. His chief is Vitalstatistix.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erquy#/map/0

??

Revealing my age, but the (unnamed) village is the one from the Asterix comics :)

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:39 am

Kanaris wrote:Revealing my age, but the (unnamed) village is the one from the Asterix comics :)

The problem with Asterix comics was that they always made that mutton look so appetizing, reading them as a kid always made me hungry.

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:43 am

Greymarch2000 wrote:
Kanaris wrote:Revealing my age, but the (unnamed) village is the one from the Asterix comics :)

The problem with Asterix comics was that they always made that mutton look so appetizing, reading them as a kid always made me hungry.

:lol: I know how you feel. I'm guessing they didn't stimulate your appetite for fish though ...

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:31 am

Greymarch2000 wrote:The problem with Asterix comics was that they always made that mutton look so appetizing, reading them as a kid always made me hungry.

It's not mutton, it's boar :)

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:33 am

C'mon, back on topic you lot, before the Streebeaters come along and start crackin' heads.

(But if you want to start an Asterix thread in the micellanious and sundry section, feel free! They're not really known in the US, so it'd be a good thing to learn!)

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Well, I'd like to know how many Piety points I get for each problem I submit through the feedback form :)

I hasten to add that I am not in any way criticizing His Most Exalted Holiness Jean Malraux, only serving with utmost piety and humility as a Sunday factory worker polishing the works of other workers exalting His Name.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:06 pm

Also, I should add that I really like what I'm reading so far.

It's 1984 through Black Mirror, with a little Gattacca (I'm counting the Numberless here).

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:13 pm

Am I missing something? I cant find Skill Chips or Spirit Chips anywhere?

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”