GodNet vs. Reality

User avatar
Yoric
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 am
Location: The Commune, Free Paris, Cyberpapacy
Contact:

GodNet vs. Reality

Postby Yoric » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:37 am

I have a few questions regarding the GodNet.

  1. You can disconnect while in the GodNet, right? Does if somehow affect either your Avatar or your Body?
  2. You can transform while in the GodNet, right? Does if somehow affect either your Avatar or your Body?
  3. What happens if you call a Reality Storm or use the card Maelstrom while in the GodNet? Does it affect the GodNet, the Flesh or both?

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4900
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: GodNet vs. Reality

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:26 am

Yoric wrote:I have a few questions regarding the GodNet.

  1. You can disconnect while in the GodNet, right? Does if somehow affect either your Avatar or your Body?
  2. You can transform while in the GodNet, right? Does if somehow affect either your Avatar or your Body?
  3. What happens if you call a Reality Storm or use the card Maelstrom while in the GodNet? Does it affect the GodNet, the Flesh or both?


Pretend the GodNet is effectively the Flesh unless otherwise told to.

So:

1. Yes. GM's call.
2. Yes. GM's call.
3. Still takes effect.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

User avatar
Yoric
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 am
Location: The Commune, Free Paris, Cyberpapacy
Contact:

Re: GodNet vs. Reality

Postby Yoric » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:38 am

TorgHacker wrote:3. Still takes effect.


I don't understand that line.

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4900
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: GodNet vs. Reality

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:02 am

Yoric wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:3. Still takes effect.


I don't understand that line.


Reality Storm or the effects of Maelstrom still take effect. There's no change because it's in the GodNet.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

User avatar
Atama
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: GodNet vs. Reality

Postby Atama » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:12 pm

Yeah I figure it just does whatever the Core Rules say that a Reality Storm does.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

User avatar
Yoric
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 am
Location: The Commune, Free Paris, Cyberpapacy
Contact:

Re: GodNet vs. Reality

Postby Yoric » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:05 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Reality Storm or the effects of Maelstrom still take effect. There's no change because it's in the GodNet.


Yeah, that's what I assumed. But does it affect only the GodNet or also the Flesh?

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4900
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: GodNet vs. Reality

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:11 pm

Only the GodNet.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

User avatar
Yoric
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 am
Location: The Commune, Free Paris, Cyberpapacy
Contact:

Re: GodNet vs. Reality

Postby Yoric » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:46 pm

Thanks!

GeniusCodeMonkey
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 am

Re: GodNet vs. Reality

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:42 am

So that means that the GodNet is a reality in a 'side dimension' as it doesn't effect the real world.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

User avatar
Yoric
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:31 am
Location: The Commune, Free Paris, Cyberpapacy
Contact:

Re: GodNet vs. Reality

Postby Yoric » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:59 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:So that means that the GodNet is a reality in a 'side dimension' as it doesn't effect the real world.


To be fair, I assume that we all wanted for this to be true in the first place :)

(fwiw, in my pre-sourcebook take on the Cyberpapacy, the Divine Reality/GodNet was the actual Invading Realm, with the Cyberpapacy being only its propagation mechanism)


Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests