Cyberpapacy Backer Archetypes

Zackzenobi

Cyberpapacy Backer Archetypes

Postby Zackzenobi » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:29 pm

Well we got the email from Greg today to start working on our Backer Archetypes. I'm assuming the Regular ones will be out shortly. Out of curiosity, what does everyone want to see. I believe it was a thread like this that may have helped get us our great Elven Monk, so maybe we get lucky again.

I know what I'm doing. I've had it planned with Deanna for a year. But I'm still curious.

Savioronedge

Re: Cyberpapacy Backer Archetypes

Postby Savioronedge » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:30 pm

I am kind of hoping to see a Rain Man/Good Doctor Archetype. Neurodiverse and Disability blended to provide a character who is truly amazing at what they do, but who has moments where basic situations just have them flummoxed.

{What? Why yes, I do have children with autism. How did you know?}

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:59 am

Savioronedge wrote:I am kind of hoping to see a Rain Man/Good Doctor Archetype. Neurodiverse and Disability blended to provide a character who is truly amazing at what they do, but who has moments where basic situations just have them flummoxed.

{What? Why yes, I do have children with autism. How did you know?}

I do like that idea. Having no idea what the regular Cyberpapacy Archetypes will look like, I wouldnt be surprised to see something like that there. When the Sourcebooks have introduced new Perks, a lot of them end up on Archetypes.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:I do like that idea. Having no idea what the regular Cyberpapacy Archetypes will look like, I wouldnt be surprised to see something like that there. When the Sourcebooks have introduced new Perks, a lot of them end up on Archetypes.

True. I guess we'll know before Backers have to finalize their choices, right?

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:17 pm

The other Archetype I am hoping for is the Neopagan Witch. I was disappointed in Aysle's lack of connection to CE Magick, and CP gives another shot.

Frankly, I am hoping to see a White Witch Transformed to CE Neopagan. More likely will be the reverse, and that would still be good.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:00 pm

Savioronedge wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:I do like that idea. Having no idea what the regular Cyberpapacy Archetypes will look like, I wouldnt be surprised to see something like that there. When the Sourcebooks have introduced new Perks, a lot of them end up on Archetypes.

Definitely. Here are the archetypes:

Drone Jockey
Futballer
Cybernun
Rabble Rouser
White Witch
Renegade Streetbeater
Knight Templar
New Age Dabbler
Vatican Secret Agent
Resistance Member
CyberMerc
GodNet Hacker
Cyberganger
Disability Activist
Legionnaire
Punk Rocker
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Ooh there are some really great ones there. I think the one I'm most excited about is the Vatican Secret Agent. Cue music...

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:36 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Savioronedge wrote:

Definitely. Here are the archetypes:

Drone Jockey
Futballer
Cybernun
Rabble Rouser
White Witch
Renegade Streetbeater
Knight Templar
New Age Dabbler
Vatican Secret Agent
Resistance Member
CyberMerc
GodNet Hacker
Cyberganger
Disability Activist
Legionnaire
Punk Rocker

YAY! I don't have to keep sitting on my hands quite as much! :D

It's a good spread, I think, with a little less than half being Core Earth and the rest being Cyberpapacy.

Woo!

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:49 pm

I'm assuming the Vatican Secret Agent is a Core Earther. I think it would be neat if she had Protected or Spirit Bane, to go with a good Reality perk to show some range with Core Earth characters.

Badger3d

Postby Badger3d » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 pm

New Age Dabbler, sounds interesting could be Core Earth or Transformed, White Witch Spell Caster or NeoPegan Miracles, or some combination of the two. hoping its a combination.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”