Preview #4 - Core Earth and the Living Land

blackwind1kaze

Re: Preview #4 - Core Earth and the Living Land

Postby blackwind1kaze » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:28 am

So dean, just curious. Does core earth have twin towers or is it a memorial as well in that reality?
I don't always GM, but when i do, I go out in style :ugeek:

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:39 pm

We haven't specified, but I would assume it's a memorial. We might not have the world be exactly like it is right now, but pretty close.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:37 am

Is there a limit to how large the Hardpoints of the lost words supported byou the Law of Wonders can be?

Will all of them have to be deserted? One of the tropes of the Lost World was always to meet the lost tribes and try to figure out how they got there/survived .

I think it would be amazing to walk through the jungle fighting Eidinos and then get to downtown Pittsburgh and find most of the area covered with a Steampunk/Fantasy reality. Or whatever, ymmv. I am a huge fan of the Warmachine tabletop miniature tabletop game. I think it would be neat to see Eidinos fighting Fantasy Steam Golemns. If you arent sure what I am talking about type Warmachine War Jack into Google and hit image.

Again this idea is not for everyone, I know. But it would open up possibilities if some lost world's were inhabited.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:Is there a limit to how large the Hardpoints of the lost words supported byou the Law of Wonders can be?

Yes, but it's unspecified.

Will all of them have to be deserted? One of the tropes of the Lost World was always to meet the lost tribes and try to figure out how they got there/survived .

No, they won't all have to be deserted.

I think it would be amazing to walk through the jungle fighting Eidinos and then get to downtown Pittsburgh and find most of the area covered with a Steampunk/Fantasy reality. Or whatever, ymmv. I am a huge fan of the Warmachine tabletop miniature tabletop game. I think it would be neat to see Eidinos fighting Fantasy Steam Golemns. If you arent sure what I am talking about type Warmachine War Jack into Google and hit image.

Again this idea is not for everyone, I know. But it would open up possibilities if some lost world's were inhabited.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Hey Dean. Thank you for all your responses.

On that last response, you quoted me 3 times, but did not comment after the 3rd quote. Was that a mistake on your part or did I miss something?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Nope, just did inline quotes and didn't delete the remainder.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Ok thanks. It know it might sound dumb to some people but I like the juxtaposition of Spirit powered natural beings fighting Magic powered mechanical beings. Kind of like the end of Avatar when Jake fights the Colonel in his exosuit.

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Rabbitball wrote:I had the opposite experience. I had one character whose storm grew large enough to appear on satellite photos. Another one walked from one end of a train to the other attempting to invoke storms on everyone he met, just to try to strip any potential enemies of Possibilities. I would plan 6 hours for your average Act: 4 for the content and 2 for the eventual storm that someone would invoke. But making this a Core Earth thing would make this a bit more special, though truth be told, most of the characters who tried this tactic were Core Earthers anyway.

^^This.

InertiaKitty

Postby InertiaKitty » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:32 pm

TiaMaster wrote:
Rabbitball wrote:I had the opposite experience. I had one character whose storm grew large enough to appear on satellite photos. Another one walked from one end of a train to the other attempting to invoke storms on everyone he met, just to try to strip any potential enemies of Possibilities. I would plan 6 hours for your average Act: 4 for the content and 2 for the eventual storm that someone would invoke. But making this a Core Earth thing would make this a bit more special, though truth be told, most of the characters who tried this tactic were Core Earthers anyway.

^^This.

Huh. Why not just put in an Aysle Elf who has jacked up Spirit and insane Reality skill in the scene to strip all their possibilities and Reality adds. Maybe give him some Faith: Honor just so they know they messed with the good guys and thoroughly deserved what they got...
"Whaddaya mean 'Twinkies are even a contradiction in Core Earth'?!?!?"

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:04 pm

TorgHacker wrote:No. World Laws only apply within the reality.

WHOA, this should probably be addressed again. If a SK carries their reality WITH them, how are the Laws not there??

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”