Google map of Core Earth

carldot34

Re: Google map of Core Earth

Postby carldot34 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:37 pm

"Odsbodkins! I dost dwell in the purest zone of Aylse, sirrah!"

ZeDiac

Postby ZeDiac » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Gargoyle wrote:Updated with all the preview maps (so far) and after fixing a lot of minor issues. All stelae are now within no more than 311 miles (500 km) of each other (but positions are still approximate!). Also recolored to better match the previews, but I kept it a little less opaque so that it is still readable. Axioms and Worldlaws are in the description for each zone.

I"m gonna call this Core Earth - Day 90 v1.0. Any changes I make will be to a copy with a new version number, so if you want to copy this map to use it for your campaign, you can do so without worries of it being further modified, but of course if you want to use a future version, you will have to replicate whatever changes I make or redo your own customizations to a copy of the new version.

Thanks for the work... I did similar work using directly a GIS software (actually Q-GIS) but this G-Earth version you made is really good, I will dl and integrate your data to see how they fit mine (also an approximation of course).
"Storm is coming"

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:24 pm

ZeDiac wrote:Thanks for the work... I did similar work using directly a GIS software (actually Q-GIS) but this G-Earth version you made is really good, I will dl and integrate your data to see how they fit mine (also an approximation of course).

Sounds interesting, hope you find it useful. Google maps is limited in what I could do, I think I pushed it to the limits, I imagine your Q-GIS could have some amazing detail and precision.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Google Maps works perfectly fine for making those maps. I should know. :lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Great work. Even before the game has hit the market you show the potential Torg had and has, inspiring the players to add information that drives the game. I hope the editors will encourage and use this potential.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:42 pm

I have updated the map to version 1.1.

Changes include:
- Separated each realm into layers, so you can easily hide a realm.
- Pan-Pacifica is hidden by default and labeled as -Redacted (GM only) -
- Tweaked some of the stelae locations because of new intelligence provided by Near Now News.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:09 am

Great work Gargoyle!!

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:54 am

I am not sure how all this has passed me by (SIX months since I checked on TORG!) but I would like to make one of my first posts a congratulations on this GREAT resource.

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Now how do I add my own Bridges and such? (I extended Orrorsh a bit :D )

I figured there would simply be a way for me to copy the little symbol but I don't see how.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:13 pm

TiaMaster wrote:Now how do I add my own Bridges and such? (I extended Orrorsh a bit :D )

I figured there would simply be a way for me to copy the little symbol but I don't see how.

Add a marker, click away from it, select it, click on Style and the bridge and hardpoint icons should appear in custom icons. And thanks!
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”