Google map of Core Earth

JeffWalklin

Re: Google map of Core Earth

Postby JeffWalklin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Thanks for all the hard work, Gargoyle.

I've been using your map of OTorg for a while now. I've got the TE version set aside for when my group switches to the new version.

My players check the map regularly to see if anything changed. They get fired up every time a boundary moves.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:56 pm

JeffWalklin wrote:Thanks for all the hard work, Gargoyle.

I've been using your map of OTorg for a while now. I've got the TE version set aside for when my group switches to the new version.

My players check the map regularly to see if anything changed. They get fired up every time a boundary moves.

That is AWESOME. I'm getting a new group together, slowly but surely, and that is the vision I had for it. Something to give the players to chew on over the long term war and influence their actions in a sandbox sort of marathon campaign.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Kamelion

Postby Kamelion » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 am

Gargoyle wrote:

That is AWESOME. I'm getting a new group together, slowly but surely, and that is the vision I had for it. Something to give the players to chew on over the long term war and influence their actions in a sandbox sort of marathon campaign.

Oh, you have one for original Torg? Could I please ask if there's a link to that? The characters in my game just learned about stelae last week, so era-appropriate maps would rock :)
The name that can be named is not the true name.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:30 am

Kamelion wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:

Oh, you have one for original Torg? Could I please ask if there's a link to that? The characters in my game just learned about stelae last week, so era-appropriate maps would rock :)

Nah, sorry, I just meant that I'm putting a new game together with Torg Eternity.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Kamelion

Postby Kamelion » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:40 am

Gargoyle wrote:
Kamelion wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:

Nah, sorry, I just meant that I'm putting a new game together with Torg Eternity.

Ah, apologies. When Jeff wrote "I've been using your map of OTorg for a while now" I became all excited :). No worries.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Kamelion wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:
Kamelion wrote:Oh, you have one for original Torg? Could I please ask if there's a link to that? The characters in my game just learned about stelae last week, so era-appropriate maps would rock :)

Ah, apologies. When Jeff wrote "I've been using your map of OTorg for a while now" I became all excited :). No worries.

No, I should apologize. I've been so focused on TE, I totally forgot that I did do a map for oTorg and shared it on the G+ community; reread Jeff's post and it jogged my memory. It could be I'm getting old... My map has some additional zones in it, like Aysle invading Australia and the Cyberpapacy invading South America, but you can take those out if you want. And I didn't do a great job with stelae placement in some areas like Indonesia, but you can probably get by with this as a start.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=151GNj ... sp=sharing
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Kamelion

Postby Kamelion » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:23 am

Gargoyle wrote:
Kamelion wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:Nah, sorry, I just meant that I'm putting a new game together with Torg Eternity.

No, I should apologize. I've been so focused on TE, I totally forgot that I did do a map for oTorg and shared it on the G+ community; reread Jeff's post and it jogged my memory. It could be I'm getting old... My map has some additional zones in it, like Aysle invading Australia and the Cyberpapacy invading South America, but you can take those out if you want. And I didn't do a great job with stelae placement in some areas like Indonesia, but you can probably get by with this as a start.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=151GNj ... sp=sharing

Wow, perfect! Thank you :)

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Updated!

Core Earth Day 90, version 1.2
- Updated stelae locations and Blasted Land borders to reflect new intel from higher resolution satellite imagery and Storm Knight reports.
- Stelae locations are still approximate, however there is strong empirical evidence to suggest certain patterns...Cyberpapacy stelae are often secured in cathedrals for instance, leading to better estimation.
- Updated the home cosm name of the <redacted> realm from <redacted> to <redacted>
- World laws and axioms updated.
- Blasted Land moved to its own layer to facilitate editing.
- Adjusted colors and border thickness to better match the rulebook.
Please let me know of any errors, unless there are changes to the map, axioms, or world laws, I think this will be close to the final version.
As always, you can copy this and modify it to reflect your corner of the Infiniverse.
Last edited by Gargoyle on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

InertiaKitty

Postby InertiaKitty » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:54 am

I feel like this must have been asked before, but is there a reason you chose to do both Tharkold and Orrorsh in black?
"Whaddaya mean 'Twinkies are even a contradiction in Core Earth'?!?!?"

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:18 am

InertiaKitty wrote:I feel like this must have been asked before, but is there a reason you chose to do both Tharkold and Orrorsh in black?

It was the best I could do with Google maps and a conscious decision to make it more readable. They are technically both black in the book, it's just that Tharkold has a lot more transparency. I could make Orrorsh more dark to make them contrast more, it's darker in the book. But I wanted it lighter so that you could read what's in there more easily. If it was as dark as the book it would be less readable.

Also, you have to understand that I can't make it look exactly like the book, even though that's what I'm striving for. The U.S. art dept is making some tweaks to Dean's Google maps to give them more contrast, like adding the glowy effect around the stelae borders. I don't see a way to do that in Google Maps.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”