Infiniverse?

Zackzenobi

Infiniverse?

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Are there any plans to do the same sort of campaign updates that original torg did? I looked out each campaign got different dispatches and rumors depending on the different results but they sent in for each module. I imagine this will be a lot easier to do via the Internet these days then via the old snail mail.

TorgHacker

Re: Infiniverse?

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Nothing to announce on that aspect at this time.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:26 pm

That's not a No! :D

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Please! Please! Please! And I have to add, Please!
The newsletter was what made playing Torg so unique. As a player or GM you had actual impact on the game.
The newsletter of course is a 90s thing. Today this should be done via this internet-thing everybody is talking about.

Btw, I loved dispatches and rumors. They were lots of adventure seeds waiting to be fleshed out by the GM and the players. I used a lot of them.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Stormchild wrote:Please! Please! Please! And I have to add, Please!
The newsletter was what made playing Torg so unique. As a player or GM you had actual impact on the game.
The newsletter of course is a 90s thing. Today this should be done via this internet-thing everybody is talking about.

Btw, I loved dispatches and rumors. They were lots of adventure seeds waiting to be fleshed out by the GM and the players. I used a lot of them.

I have heard of this Internet thing! What if people payed a monthly fee and got individual content via this internet-thing?

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:

I have heard of this Internet thing! What if people payed a monthly fee and got individual content via this internet-thing?

I don't think we have to worry about if this comes about but announcing things before details are worked out is usually a bad idea. The people here have been quite willing to take our money for things we want to see...
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

blackwind1kaze

Postby blackwind1kaze » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:39 pm

I believe this internet you speak of is actually the godnet.
I don't always GM, but when i do, I go out in style :ugeek:

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:00 pm

blackwind1kaze wrote:I believe this internet you speak of is actually the godnet.

As long as it's not the walking godnet... :mrgreen:
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

dev/null

Postby dev/null » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Rabbitball wrote:
blackwind1kaze wrote:I believe this internet you speak of is actually the godnet.

As long as it's not the walking godnet... :mrgreen:

or running, or flying?

dev/null

Postby dev/null » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:03 pm

I feel like this wouldn't be that much different from what A Certain RPG Content Producer does with their AL content; the non-book stuff. They have surveys that get filled out, with deadlines.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TORG)”