New Characters for Fires of Ra

Greymarch2000

New Characters for Fires of Ra

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:13 pm

So my main game has got to the point where the characters are about to hit Gamma and are completely wrecking things, even those that have been upgraded with the recommendations of the Beta Clearance GM Guide. As such we have decided to temporarily retire these characters until perhaps Year Two content starts coming out or I suddenly find myself with a preponderance of free time with which to make wholesale adventures properly scaled for them.

But for now, with the Nile box being delivered we decided to start a new campaign with "new" characters in the Nile Empire and play through the Fires of Ra. Now my group I think has gotten a bit addicted to having abilities so we agreed to start as 75 XP Beta characters instead of starting Alpha Clearance ones. I'm thinking I'll just run these characters through FoR and then maybe do the same thing again with The God Box when this is done (at the rate we're going: probably New Years lol).

My players made their characters and I thought I'd share the backstories they came up with. They are done in a variety of different styles, and some may be more, uh, nsfw language than others. :)

It's worth noting that the idea behind this is that they are kinda "proteges" of the players original characters, so their backstories may reference other characters for that reason.

Zoe "Hell's Angel" Fabron - Cyberpapacy Famous Circus Acrobat/Streamer
► Show Spoiler

Dr. Oswald Remington - Orrorsh Doctor and Occultist
► Show Spoiler

Jack "Mongrel" Steel - Core Earth Realm Runner Soldier of Fortune
► Show Spoiler

Akrek - Gold Sun Optant of Lanala
► Show Spoiler

Greymarch2000

Re: New Characters for Fires of Ra

Postby Greymarch2000 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:33 am

THE CATS OF KHARTOUM

As a warm-up session that was also taken up by introducing characters and having to go over why "no, that ability does not work in this totally broken way like you thought" a few times I decided to run through The Cats of Khartoum scenario from the Delphi Missions: Nile Empire book before we headed right into the mega-adventure. Obviously there are spoilers for that adventure ahead. Though it was two weeks ago now so I'm probably fuzzy on some of it.

After some discussion it was decided that Zoe had met up with Karima Ba in Paris after she had escaped her trial by combat and went on to work with her in La Resistance. When Karima decided to return home to Egypt in a position with the Delphi Council she brought Zoe along with her. She is somewhat more likely than other DC agents to overlook the fact that Zoe livestreams portions of her missions, but it has still brought her no end of headaches. But... they have found that the Cyberpapal dancers fame can occasionally unlock certain doors...

► Show Spoiler

Greymarch2000

Re: New Characters for Fires of Ra

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:54 am

I find it's almost impossible to actually take the time to make these recaps, but one thing that came from last nights session that I think is worth noting is that it was revealed that Gorgon blood is actually an edeinos aphrodisiac, and a certain gold sun edeinos' mating dance counts as an intimidation test against the serpent lady.

Return to “Game Stories In and Out of Character (TORG)”