Magic items/eternity shards found in Sweden . . .?

mystic101

Magic items/eternity shards found in Sweden . . .?

Postby mystic101 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Sounds like any nearby Storm Knight teams have something to check out, if they're up for the mission . . . :)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... -from-lake

Wakshani

Re: Magic items/eternity shards found in Sweden . . .?

Postby Wakshani » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:33 am

While you're there, you cold always look for the Sampo. I mean, the line for gold isn't that long but man, the line for salt goes on for EVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-n_UOjL3g

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 am

Heh. It would probably be more interesting if I posted a picture of what the kid found:

It's pretty cruddy in real life, but in action-movie Core Earth, it's probably pretty spiffy, if it's magical or something.

I also like that the little girl's name is Saga. That's just screaming out to start a new . . . well, saga. :)

Atama

Postby Atama » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Don't forget in Conan the Barbarian, when Conan finds that ancient king's tomb with the crusted-over greatsword. He smashes the sword against a rock and all of the crud breaks off, and it's a pristine sword beneath. I'd imagine that's what would happen with this sword in Core Earth.

It is probably encrusted with red and blue gems on the hilt as well.

mystic101

Postby mystic101 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:23 am

Atama wrote:Don't forget in Conan the Barbarian, when Conan finds that ancient king's tomb with the crusted-over greatsword. He smashes the sword against a rock and all of the crud breaks off, and it's a pristine sword beneath. I'd imagine that's what would happen with this sword in Core Earth.

It is probably encrusted with red and blue gems on the hilt as well.

Ooh, great idea!

They found a crusty old amulet, too. It kind of reminds me of the origin story of Marvel Comics' Captain Britain. Merlin appeared unto him and offered him a choice: The Sword of Might, or the Amulet of Right. He chose the amulet, and it empowered him to become Captain Britain. Maybe the SKs and Uthorion's agents would face a similar choice.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”