PDF Cards

Dlw32

PDF Cards

Postby Dlw32 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:04 pm

So, sometime this week we will get a deck of cards in pdf form. I don't know that I've ever printed cards before but I would like to when these come out... any idea what sort of paper to buy? What is the card size (I'm assuming they're all the same) and how many per page?

thanks!

Staffan

Re: PDF Cards

Postby Staffan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:54 pm

Since the PDF cards are a temporary measure (at least for most of us), my recommendation is to print them on regular paper and put them into opaque (on one side of course) sleeves. Get one color for the Drama deck, one for the Destiny deck, and a third (or possibly several) for the Cosm decks. If you have a bunch of old Magic cards or something similar, use those as backing.

Rabbitball

Postby Rabbitball » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Staffan wrote:Since the PDF cards are a temporary measure (at least for most of us), my recommendation is to print them on regular paper and put them into opaque (on one side of course) sleeves. Get one color for the Drama deck, one for the Destiny deck, and a third (or possibly several) for the Cosm decks. If you have a bunch of old Magic cards or something similar, use those as backing.

That was the plan for me. Destiny in Triforce sleeves, Drama in Biohazard sleeves, and 8 different colors for the Cosm cards based on their appearance on the front.
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-author, Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Cosmversal Grimoire
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead"—Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering

PrinceEarwig

Postby PrinceEarwig » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:13 am

I'll be running online primarily. So the PDF is my number one resource :D

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:39 am

You can take the PDF down to your local Staples or copy shop and print on card stock. If you dont mind the cost then my recommendation is get the heaviest stock they can print. But you can save a lot of money if you go black and white if this is only a temporary deck.

Dlw32

Postby Dlw32 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:03 am

yes, it is only temporary for me too... in an October-like time frame I'll be getting the real ones.

I was figuring either print on a heavier than normal paper and cut them out or if I had the dimensions of the cards and the number per page, there's probably a pack of pre-perforated cards... like Avery makes paper where you can print out a sheet of business cards or note cards, etc.

I was going to try to find the right sort of paper and print it myself...

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:07 am

I dont think you will find poker card size. If you reduced them you could use the business card size cards, but I think the writing would be pretty small.

Id just print to card stock and use an arm-cutter (or better yet one of those new fangled cutters with the revovling razor blade).

Dlw32

Postby Dlw32 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks guys, I'll just use heavy paper and cut them... I liked the idea of sleeves...

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Print shops usually have cutting services. Those are nice and precise and can handle a large stack. I recommend shelling out the money for it. It's not too expensive if they charge by the cut. It's reasonable to expect the cards to be printed with the same cut locations.

Otherwise you are going to go cross-eyed cutting them yourself. If you have a paper cutter handy, that will help with keeping the cuts straight.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Dlw32

Postby Dlw32 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks for all the tips...

One more question... sleeves. I like the idea so we need three colors: Drama, Destiny, Cosm.

Do we know how many cards in each deck? The stretch goals said there'd be 60 Destiny. But the Drama and Cosm it says there's a total of 80 but do we know if it's half and half? Anyone have a breakdown?

thanks again... I know I could just be patient... but it's hard... :)

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TORG)”